Sunday, January 10, 2021

Today on the Boulevard: Wild and Cool Flames

Hello and welcome to another edition of Today on the Boulevard! The Hot Wheels Flames mainline set will always be one of my favorites. These models are perfect for someone like me who loves cool flame paint jobs. And I like seeing all of the different flame designs that are created by the Hot Wheels designers. So for today's post, I'm going to be showcasing my '65 Pontiac GTO from the 2016 Hot Wheels Flames.

Now before I get to the design, I wanted to quickly point out that I like the exterior color choice. I think we can all agree that a cool design could ultimately be ruined by a poor exterior color. Thankfully, that's not the case with this release. In my opinion, the purple chosen for this GTO's exterior, contributed in a big way to it's overall wild and cool appearance. 

Now onto the flame design. Along this release's sides, is a flame pattern that was made out of three sections. The first set of flames are along the top half of this GTO's sides. These start out on the the fenders, and then finish just after the rear wheel arch on the quarter panel. The second set of flames, are beneath the first set. These ones start just after the front wheel arch, and stop before the rear wheel arch. The last set of flames, start after the rear wheel arch, and are on the lower half of the quarter panel.

The top of this release was given a design as well, and it's what ultimately helped to make this release wild and cool. Now what I like, is how it wasn't just the front half that got decorated. The back half of this GTO was also decorated. In my opinion, this was a nice touch. The roof is the only section of this release that didn't get flames, which is fine. Like the side design, the top design is also made out of multiple sections. On the front, as well as the back, there are a total of six separated flame sections that make up the overall design on the top of this awesome GTO.

For the design's colors, the decision was made to utilize green and yellow. In my opinion, these colors combine nicely with the purple that was used for it's exterior. 


Now even though I think this is a fantastic release, there is one thing I wish they did differently. As you can see, they chose to give this release a yellow window piece. I really think this GTO would have looked better with a clear window piece instead. But this is one of those minor features that I can ignore.


Alright collectors, what are your thoughts on this release? Do you like flame paint jobs as much as I do? If so, do you prefer for the design to just be on the sides, or do you also like when they're placed on the top half of the car as well? Go ahead and let me know your thoughts down in the comments section. Okay everyone, that's all for this edition of Today on the Boulevard. Until next time, thanks for reading and happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment