Friday, January 1, 2021

Today on the Boulevard: My Favorite Hot Wheels Toyota Off-Road Truck

Happy New Year diecast collectors! Welcome to 2021's first post. One of the good things about collecting Hot Wheels, is that we get multiple releases of our favorite vehicles. Like me, you're most likely going to have one that you absolutely love. So for today's edition of Today on the Boulevard, I'm going to be featuring my favorite Hot Wheels Toyota Off-Road Truck.

Now don't get me wrong, I will still get and love most releases of a casting that I like, but there are releases that I will prefer over others. And the Falken Tire themed release of the Toyota Off-Road Truck is that preferred release. In my opinion, this livery is very appropriate for this truck, and I feel it made it a great looking model to have.

When you look at pictures of some of the other Falken Tire themed releases from Hot Wheels, you'll notice something neat about this release. The green section of this livery actually covers the entire front end of this truck. With some of the other Falken Tire themed releases, the green doesn't even cover the entire side. The Porsche 934 release with this livery is a perfect example of this.

As you all know, this release also had a Super Treasure Hunt version. But as usual, Diecast BLVD only sought the regular. Besides not caring about special releases, there is actually a specific reason why I wanted this version over the Super. After seeing pictures of the Super Treasure hunt version, I came to the conclusion that the blue on it was too dark. At the time, I felt the blue used for this regular version was much closer to the blue used for the actual Falken Tire livery.

I also like all of the extra real-life aftermarket decals featured on this release. The decals are as follows: Wilwood, K&N, and Sparco. Having them complements the overall appearance of this truck perfectly.



Unless a premium version with a better livery is made, this will always be my favorite release of this truck. So collectors, do you have a favorite release of a casting you like? Feel free to let me know down in the comments section. Alright... that's all for this edition of Today on the Boulevard. Until next time, happy diecast collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment