Friday, May 21, 2021

Today On The Boulevard: Hot Wheels Volkswagen Caddy

You just got your drivers license, and you now need a ride. You currently only have a skateboard to travel around. One day, when you needed to make a store run, you came across a cool little pickup truck that has a for sale sign. Needing a ride, you decide to go check out what the asking price is. To your surprise, it's within your budget, and you'd have some money left over. After buying it, you realize I'm a cool kid, and this truck is not. So what did you do? You decided to modify it with that extra money you have.

First you painted it silver. You then removed the front bumper to add an external oil cooler. After that, you bolted on some fenders, and found a nice set of wheels. Next, you decided that it needed to be lowered. The last thing you did, was add a custom exhaust system. Oh... and let's not forget the skateboard. Just throw it in the back. So what do you have? You have the Hot Wheels Volkswagen Caddy that's being featured today.

So... did you like my little story for this casting? I think it's a masterpiece. In fact, I should probably get an award for how great it is. Okay... I'm just joking. Anyway, on a more serious note, I really like this Volkswagen Caddy casting. It has all the upgrades that I mentioned in the story. The skateboard in the truck bed is one of the neat little features that I like about this casting. 

To be honest, I almost didn't get this one when I found it at Ralphs a few years ago. As I've mentioned in past post, I wasn't always into pickup trucks. I'm glad I did though, because I feel this Volkswagen is that cool kid in the diecast world. Now most of you might have preferred the orange release, but I feel silver release that I got is just as cool.  


The other reason why I decided to feature this release today, is because it doesn't have any designs on it. The later releases are cool. but it's always nice to have at least one release that's plain. Now I don't know about you, but I think it's high time we got another plain release of this casting. One color that hasn't been used for it is purple. So my idea would be metallic dark purple with gold wheels. Of course you might have other ideas.  


So, what are your thoughts on having another plain release? And what color would you like to see used? Do let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of Today On The Boulevard. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment