Saturday, November 21, 2020

Today on the Boulevard: Matchbox Bugatti Divo

Hello and welcome to another edition of Today on the Boulevard. In a previous My Want List review, I went over the vehicles that I wanted from this year's Matchbox mix F. In that review, I made mention of how I was unable to get a specific vehicle. And at the end of the post, I told you all that I would make a post about said vehicle if I found it. So as promised, here is that post. 

Like the title states, the car I was missing was the brand new Bugatti Divo. This is another one of those cars that is a jaw-dropping work of art. And I love how Mattel's Matchbox brand was able to give us collectors a nice looking 1:64 scale re-creation of it.

Just like this model's real-life counterpart, this diecast model's exterior was finished in a flat grey. Now the real car also has sections of it's exterior that are blue. The real car also features a blue interior. Matchbox was thankfully able to replicate some of these sections on their model. The interior piece is the first of those details. There is a reason as to why I pointed out the interior first. Due to the design of this casting, it's interior piece makes up the blue section that runs along the sides of the Divo. For the lower half of the front, a blue tampo was applied. Unfortunately the rear does not feature any of the blue sections. It was however, given tail lights and "Divo."

The top of this model is where the next accurate details are seen. Featured just behind the headlights, are the vents that were given a blue tampo coating. After that, it's the black sections that have a thin blue stripe. I like how the thin stripe accurately runs from the front to the back of this model.

For this release's wheels, the Matchbox designers decided to use the 5 Spoke Superfast Sport wheels. Looking at the shape of the real-life counterpart's wheels, leads me to believe that lace wheels might have been a better choice. Despite this opinion, I ultimately don't have an issue with the wheels that were chosen. 

The real car also features blue line Michelin tires. Since this isn't a premium release, that detail was of course not added. If they wanted to, Matchbox could've gave the wheels a blue outer rim. But not having this detail is not a big deal for me. 




Looking at this model makes me glad to see that Mattel got the legal okay to use Bugatti again. Hopefully this will lead to even more of this manufactures cars getting releases in the future. I know Matchbox is most likely going to do a second release of this model next year. And I'm totally curious to see what color they choose for the next one.

Alright readers, I already know you love this car a whole lot. So what I want to know, is what color would you choose for the next release? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments. Okay that's all for today's edition of Today on the Boulevard. Until next time, thanks for reading and happy diecast collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment