Friday, November 13, 2020

Today on the Boulevard: The Future of Hot Wheels Treasure Hunts?

Welcome to another edition of Today on the Boulevard. Like a lot of other collectors out there, I love coming across Hot Wheels variations. These kind of finds are one of the fun aspects of collecting. So for today's post, I figured that I'd shine the spotlight on a special variation that's being found in this year's case P. The variation just so happens to be the Treasure Hunt. I'm also going to be sharing my thoughts on this matter. So without further ado, let's get today's post started.

This year's case P Treasure Hunt, is a very nice looking Chevy Silverado that is apart of the HW Rescue mainline set. The exterior color is a fantastic shade of matte lime green. The variation of this release features a darker shade of green. In fact, it's not even the same type of paint. The paint used for the variation is gloss. The exterior paint is the only aspect that's different between these two. Everything else is the same. Both versions even have the same wheels.

Now depending on what type of paint you like the most, you might lean more towards the gloss green one as your favorite. And although it does appear to be the variant, I think the matte lime green one is still my favorite. In case you're new to the boulevard, then you should know that I love releases that are given matte finishes. This is because the sheer number of releases that are given gloss or metallic finishes. Although I feel this way, I won't deny how cool it looks with the gloss green that's being used.




Now I don't know why some of these are ending up being finished in gloss green while the rest of them are finished in matte lime green. And I'm also assuming this is not intentional. But in my opinion, I feel like this could be a neat idea for future Treasure Hunt releases. The way I see it, having multiple versions of these vehicles could make them even more special than they already are. And I also feel it could add some excitement to Hot Wheels hunting. 

Having variations of Treasure Hunts could also lead to new interactions among collectors. Just think, Hot Wheels sends one version to one side of the county, while a different version goes to the other side. This would lead to lots of trading, which in turn, could lead to possible new friendships among collectors. Of course it doesn't have to be that way, they could just randomize which one goes to different parts of the world like they did this one.

At the end of the day, I know this is most likely a one and done scenario, but it might be something they should look into doing. In my opinion, it might be a way for Mattel to add some additional excitement to the Hot Wheels mainline.

Okay readers, what are your thoughts on this matter? Do you also feel this could be a great idea, or do you think it would be bad thing to start doing? Feel free to let me know your thoughts down in the comments section. Alright that's all for today. Until next time, thanks for reading and happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment