Saturday, October 24, 2020

My Want List: Hot Wheels 2020 Case P - PT. 2

Okay collectors, welcome to part 2 of my 2020 case P want list review. Before I get started, I just want to say thank you for staying tuned. So without further ado, let's get thing's started.

I absolutely love when Hot Wheels makes iconic cartoon vehicles. With that said, the next vehicle that I wanted from this case, is none other than The Flinstones Flintmoile. All I can say is "Yabba dabba doo!" Throughout the years, this casting has had a few releases. And this appears to be the third mainline release of it. For me, this release is all about the nostalgia. The Flintstones was one of the many cartoons that I used to watch growing up. As such, this is one model that I just had to have.

Taking a look at all the previous releases of this vehicle, I came across the mainline release from 2014. For that particular release, the Hot Wheels designers made it's body colors look more realistic. The stone sections were grey, and the wood sections were brown. Now as cool as that is, I personally prefer the body colors used for this year's release more. With it's colors, I feel this one has more of a cartoonish look.

Flying high over Diecast BLVD, is the recolor of the Batcopter that's apart of this year's Batman mainline set. I don't know about you, but I love collecting all the various recolors of Batman's vehicles. Now obviously, the main thing that I like about this release is it's exterior color, which is a cool looking shade of purple. The exterior color was not the only thing that was changed. The black one that was released earlier this year, had multiple blue features. On this release, those features were changed to yellow. Till now, I had no idea that I'd like this color scheme on a Batman vehicle. 

This model's colors aren't the only thing that's different from the black one. A blue stripe was applied to the front of the aforementioned release. For this recolor, the Hot Wheels designers decided to change it. Instead of a stripe, this model's front end now features a yellow Bat symbol. The black release with it's stripe is cool and all, but I really like how this model looks with the symbol.

Picture showing the first model and how it doesn't feature the Bat symbol

If you're not new to the boulevard, then you may have seen my 48th White Booth Wednesday. In that weekly showcase, I featured the blue '68 Shelby GT500 that's apart of this year's Hot Wheels flames mainline set. One of the things that I mentioned in that post, was how I wasn't going to initially get that one due to me seeing pictures of a purple recolor. Well that purple recolor is the next car that I got from this case. The shade of purple that was used, made this a totally awesome model to have. And I really like the pearlescent effect that it has as well. When a light is shined on it, the paint changes to blue.

The flames also got a color change too. On the blue release, they were a yellow that faded to gold. The flames on this recolor are still yellow, however, they now fade to orange. This color scheme combines so well with the pearlescent purple, and it helped to make this GT500 have a wild exterior. And I do mean that in a good way!

Once again the Hot Wheels 5SPs were used, except this time, they were finished in chrome. As you all know, the blue one was given gold wheels, which I never fully liked. As such, the chrome wheels on this release are one of the other aspects that made me want this one more than the blue one.  


Debuting in this year's Nightburnerz mainline set, is the Porsche 914 Safari. This year has given us collectors some cool looking off-road vehicles. Earlier in the year, we got the awesome Big-Air Bel-Air and now we have this Porsche Safari.

This release's overall design is based on actual Porsche 914 race car. I'm a little disappointed with the decision to put this design on this casting. If they were going to replicate the number five Sunoco 914, then I feel it should have been done on the other Hot Wheels 914 casting. The aforementioned casting could've even been a great Team Transport release. A premium replica of the Sunoco Porsche would have ultimately given us a model with way more details as well.

Now that I got the design out of the way, I want to focus on the casting itself, which was designed with some great features. The roof features what appears to be a driver side spotlight and a roof rack. The back half of this casting features a spare wheel that appears to be apart of the interior piece. This casting's body also features two jerry cans. The one on the back over the spare was given a red tampo coating, so that's obviously for fuel. I'm not sure what the second one in the roof rack is for, since it was given a white tampo coating. 

The Hot Wheels BAJA5s, are the wheels that were chosen for this release. It's a good thing Hot Wheels has this smaller off-road wheel in their lineup. Having them, allows the designers to make awesome smaller off-road vehicles like this.


By now, most of you should know that I really like cars with flame paint jobs, which is the main reason that I love the Hot Wheels flames mainline set. One of the vehicles in this year's Flames set, is a glorious '57 Plymouth Fury. This year's Plymouth Fury, just went from 100-1000 with the recolor featured in this case. I honestly thought it couldn't get any better than the white one, but it did! At least for me anyways.

Okay... so obviously there are multiple main things that I like about this release. First and foremost, it's exterior was finished in a great shade of blue. The recolored flame design is the next thing that I like about this one. The flames on this recolor are yellow, orange, and metallic blue. This is a awesome combination, and I really like the choice to make the outer section of the flames metallic. It creates a cool looking effect when a light is shined onto the design. The additional stripes on this model were changed to yellow, which looks nice over the blue that was used. 

One of the other aspects that I liked about this year's Plymouth Fury, was how it was given the Hot Wheels DD8 wheels. And to my delight, they were once again used for this recolor. The outer rim was changed to chrome orange.

The windshield piece is the last aspect that received a color change. For this recolor, the Hot Wheels designers chose to make it yellow. This aspect for me, makes this casting just a little bit more exciting.


Up next, is a casting that I never though I was going to see in the mainline. Making is mainline debut in this year's Nightburnerz set, is the Mazda RX-3. As you all know, this awesome casting made it's debut in the first ever Car Culture assortment. Now that this car is in the mainline, collectors of all ages should now have a better chance at having this one in their collection.

So for this first release, the Hot Wheels designers decided to use a dark color similar to the JH1 release. Metallic dark green is the color they went with, and I think it's a great color for this casting.

This first release was also given a design that's similar to the themes featured on the first two premium releases of this casting. So basically, it features a racing number, a simple stripe design, and some decals. The decals featured on this model are as follows: Hot Wheels, Brembo, and Greddy. I think it was a great idea to utilize gold and black for the theme on this RX-3. This combination of colors goes so well with the dark green that was used for this model. The hood of this model was also given the theme. What I like, is how it features all of the aspects that were applied to the sides of this RX-3.

Being in the mainline, makes it so the Hot Wheels designers have more wheels to choose from when designing one of these. And I hope to see many future releases with different basic wheels. Now for this particular release, they chose to give it the DD8s with a chrome gold outer rim. These wheels look fantastic on so many castings and this is one of them. 




So that's everything checked off of my 2020 case P want list. I really can't pick any favorites among them since they're all great releases. What I will say though, is that I'm interested in what the future holds for the Porsche 914 Safari. In my opinion, the next one should have a cool looking K&N theme.

So readers, did you have a favorite from this case? And what theme would you like to see on the next Porsche 914 Safari? Go ahead and let me know your thoughts down in the comments section. Until next time, thanks for reading and happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment