Saturday, October 17, 2020

Hot Wheels 2020 Case P Target Red Editions

Welcome to Diecast Blvd collectors! Today I'm going to be going over the newest Hot Wheels Target Red Edition releases from 2020 case P. I don't always get all three, but this time I did. This is due to all three being releases that I like. So without further ado, let's jump right into today's diecast review.

Earlier this year, Hot Wheels released a fantastic looking Borla Exhaust themed Sandblaster, and it continues to be one of my favorite pickup trucks from this year's mainline. I absolutely love how the theme looks on this casting. And for me, it's a ten out of ten release. I also feel the same way with this Target Red Edition version.

For this exclusive recolor, the Hot Wheels design team decided to finish it in gloss red. This shade of red was not a bad choice at all. There's a specific reason as to why I feel this way about the color choice. As you all know, there have been a few other Borla themed Hot Wheels releases. Two of those releases, are the 2015 Ford Mustang GT and the 2018 Ford Mustang GT. Now the reason that I made mention of those two, is due to both of them having a gloss red release. The shade red that was used for them, is the same shade that was used for this Sandblaster. I don't know how you feel, but I love when Hot Wheels releases themed models that match.  

Unlike the black release that featured a multi-colored Borla decal, this release's decal is all white. The design's color still matches the lower half of the logo. One of the things that I liked about the black release, was how it's design was a different color from the decal's letters. With that said, I would've made the lower half of the decal and the design black. This would've gave it's sides some color variety, and it also would've made it match the design on the hood.

The interior color on this release also appears to be different. The black one's interior looks to be dark grey, while this one is black. I feel a black interior was the best color choice to go with the colors featured on the exterior pf this Red Edition.

The Hot Wheels beadlock wheels were once again used, and I like how they are still black. This was one of other the things that I liked about the first color.



The second Red Edition from this trio, is the Custom '18 Ford Mustang GT. There is a specific reason as to why I wanted this one. Since Hot Wheels Race Team releases are usually blue, I sometimes like to get the recolors. And I love how this release was finished in a nice shade of metallic red. 

For the most part, the design's colors are the same as the blue release. There are however, some aspects of the design that did receive a color change. The Joey Logano logo, Hot Wheels logo, and the racing number, appear to be a darker shade of red than the red that was used for these aspects on the blue release. The other color change seen on this recolor, is the thin stripe that's above the main section of the design along the sides. For this release, the Hot Wheels designers decided to make it white.

This release's interior color is the next thing that was changed. The blue one featured a light grey interior, while this one features a dark grey interior. To be honest, I personally think a dark colored interior is a much better choice for this racing themed Mustang. 

This release also received a wheel change as well. The blue release was given J5 wheels with a yellow rim, while this one was given MC5 wheels with a white rim. Since I like to be honest, I do feel this release might've looked even better if the wheels were given a chrome rim instead. At the end of the day though, this isn't too big of a issue for me. I just think a chrome rim would look slightly more realistic.



As you all know, the '91 Mazda MX-5 Miata, is a casting that made it's debut last year, and has so far had some really cool releases. And this gloss white Target Red Edition has just added to that list. Now some collectors might not completely agree with this being  a "Red Edition" since it's not actually red. And I can totally understand this opinion. However, I'm just glad to finally have a white Miata.

Being finished in gloss white, isn't the only thing that I like about this exclusive recolor. The wheel choice contributed to my overall feelings towards this Miata. Featured on this recolor, are the Hot Wheels MC5s finished in chrome red. This body/wheel color scheme is a combination that in my opinion, makes this Miata a great looking model.

Like the yellow release, this one's interior is also black. Since this casting's interior features a roll bar, I have no problem with it being this color. Now if it didn't have the roll bar, then I would say this release might have looked even better with a red interior. This for me would've added some pizzazz to this MX-5.

As far as the front and rear tampo details, nothing was changed. The "HOTMX5" is still red, and it's still within a black square placed on the license plate sections of this model. The front still features this car's turn signal lights, and the rear still features tail lights.



So readers, how do you feel about this Red Edition trio? Do you have a specific favorite among them? Feel free to let me know down in the comments section. Okay that's all for today's diecast review. Until next time, happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment