Monday, October 19, 2020

Today on the Boulevard: Hot Wheels 2020 Case K Treasure Hunt

Welcome back to the boulevard collectors! Today I'm going to be featuring the 2013 Hot Wheels Chevy Camaro Special Edition Treasure Hunt from this year's case K. I am honestly shocked at how I randomly found it hanging on the pegs. Like the saying goes, "It's better late than never." Since I wasn't able to find it and newer cases started showing up, I ended up removing it from my want list. Frankly, removing it wasn't that big of a deal for me. In case you're new to the boulevard, you should know that I don't make these kind of releases or any store exclusive a priority. Collecting is more fun this way.

The only releases of this casting that I had before this one, are two 2017 Camaro Fifty ones. Before those two, 2015 was the last time this casting saw a release. So I figured that I would try to take the opportunity to add a third one to my collection. This however, is not the only reason that I wanted it. Like with any diecast purchase, there are a few other reasons.

The Camaro Fifty mainline one is black with gold stripes, and the one from Walmart set is white with black/gold stripes. As cool as those two are, it's nice to finally have one that doesn't have gold incorporated into it's overall color scheme. With that said, I really like what was done to this release's exterior. As you all know, this Camaro's exterior was finished in green. And it's a great looking shade of green at that. I might be alone, but I'd say that pictures don't do this release's color justice. 

The stripe design on this release, further add to how I feel about it's exterior. The stripes might be the typical ones that you might see on a car like this, but what I like, is how the Hot Wheels designers decided to spice them up a little. This was achieved by adding some additional details to them. The side ones feature a white square as well as a white pinstripe. The stripes on top of this Camaro were given a white pinstripe like the side stripe.

The wheels featured to this model are the Hot Wheels TRAP5s. I always liked the look of this wheel, and I think they look fantastic on this car. As much as I would've preferred for them to be chrome, I can honestly say on this particular release, they don't look to bad finished in chrome green.


Okay collectors, were you able to add this Camaro to your collection? If so, what is your favorite thing about it? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. That's all for Today on the Boulevard. Until next time, happy diecast collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment