Monday, July 13, 2020

Recent Finds & Found Another One

Okay collectors, welcome to another boulevard feature. In a past post, I showcased the Target Flying Customs that I was able to find. With the Chevy LUV, I ended up noticing how the back wheel was wrong. This error was only on one side. In that post, I mentioned that if I decided to get another one, I would go ahead and let you all know. Well here it is. While out, I was not only able to get a replacement, but I also picked up a few other cars as well.


The next three cars that I found, were a couple of the newest Matchbox releases. The first of which, is the brand new '76 Honda CVCC. Mattel has been on a roll lately with finally giving us collectors more Honda models. And I'd say ''Keep 'em coming!'' It wasn't hard to spot this one on the pegs due to it's nice shade of yellow. This yellow, also appears to be based on a yellow that was available for the real car. It's also similar in color to the recently released Civic EG from Mattel's Hot Wheels brand. So to all you folks that like to open your 1:64 scales, this would look great sitting next to the EG. Aside from it's great color, I also like the license plate that was given to this model. The plate reads ''MY 76 TOY.'' I also like how they chose to go with California's classic black and yellow plate. One things for sure, for all you #4cylinderstrong people out there, this is a definite must have!



The next Matchbox I pulled from the pegs, was the 2015 Mercedes-Benz G 550, or just G-Wagen for short. Personally, I'm glad that Mattel has got the legal okay to use the Mercedes-Benz name again. This has allowed both of their diecast brands to make some seriously nice MB models. Although I've come across pictures of these done in purple, I personally haven't seen a purple one driving around. For the most part, I've seen black, white, and silver ones. So with that being said, I love how the Matchbox team decided to go with a color that isn't as common. Additionally, they decided to make it matte as well. Black is the color they chose for the wheels, and I think they look great with it's body color.


The last Matchbox I found, was the Volkswagen The Beetle Convertible. As the name implies, this is the convertible version, and I love that they made it with the roof down. Nothing like a little fun in the sun with some shades on! This model, was given a great looking blue, which also appears to be realistic. This color if not exact, seems to based off of Volkswagen's stonewashed blue metallic. I absolutely love when Mattel's brands release a diecast model with a color based on a color that's available for the real vehicle. Of course I'm not bashing the various other colors and designs they do. Although I wish the Matchbox team had more wheels in their lineup, I do like the choice to use the ones seen on this model. At the end of the day, this is another great release from Mattel's Matchbox brand. It's also one that I feel you should add to your collection as well.


The last car I found, was in Mattel's Hot Wheels brand. I was finally able to add the recolor of the '96 Porsche Carrera to the boulevard. This recolor, is one that I just had to have! After I saw pictures of it, there were two main aspects that made me feel this way. The first of those being it's color, which in my opinion, is a stunning shade of yellow. The second aspect that I liked, was the fact that the Hot Wheels team decided to give it their lace wheels finished in black. In my opinion, yellow with black BBS styled wheels, is a flawless combination for this Porsche. Between all of the releases so far, this one is now my number one favorite, followed by the blue one, with the black one being my third favorite.


Alright racers, that's all I was able to add to the boulevard this time. The hunt still goes on for the rest of the cars from this case of Matchbox. You know the deal, if I find them, I will post about them. Feel free to post your thoughts on these models down in the comments section. Okay everyone, back to racing! Until next time, happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment