Monday, July 13, 2020

Hot Wheels Mario Kart: Played my Cards Right

Okay readers, welcome to another diecast feature. Have you ever made a decision that you thought was wrong at first, but turned out to be a great one? Well that's the case with my most recent finds. As most of you know, back when the first Mario Kart assortment was released, I made the decision to not get Princess Peach. At the time, I decided to keep my fingers crossed, that maybe Peach would be re-released with a different kart. This was due to me not wanting every character on the Standard Kart. With that being said, like the title states, I played my cards right. Princess peach to my surprise, was re-released driving the P-Wing. This kart was first seen as a four pack exclusive with Black Yoshi. One things for sure, I'm glad this kart isn't only going to be used for exclusive packs.


Princess Peach wasn't the only character that I got. This Mario Kart assortment, also has a re-release of the initial Yoshi. Now this version of Yoshi did get a re-release, but the character was combined with the Standard Kart. And as you know, Red Yoshi was also recently released driving the Standard Kart like the Blue Yoshi. So I decided that take this opportunity to pick up the Yoshi/B Dasher combination. I know it seems like I've been hating on the Standard Kart, but that is not my intention. In fact, I really like the Standard Kart. When you race in Mario Kart, you instantly notice how not every character is using the Standard Kart. As such, I decided that I would collect these based off of this fact.


The only one from the initial assortment of these that I'm still missing now is Bowser. I still have my fingers crossed, that we will see a re-release of the character driving a different kart. So which version of Princess Peach do you have? Or did you get both releases? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments. Until next time, happy diecast collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment