Monday, December 19, 2022

2022 Hot Wheels Team Transport - A Premium Surprise

Hello, and welcome to another additional feature here on the Star Boulevard of Speed. There's been a few times where I thought I'd never see a specific premium release. And the most recent instance of that happened back in August with the "Mountain Drifters" release of the AE86. I really thought I'd never see it, but I somehow managed to find one hanging on the pegs. So that's why diecast hunting can sometimes still be fun. Of course, there are moments where it gets way too stressful, but all of that stress immediately disappears as soon as you chance upon a cool release. And for the second time this year, I was able to find a premium release that I thought I would never see just because it's a legendary JDM. Now, I'm not someone who goes after JDM releases just because they are cars from Japan. Usually, there's at least one specific reason as to why I would want a particular JDM release. But this time, there's actually more than one reason why I wanted the release that's featured in this post. So with that being said, let's get things started!.

Two months ago, a new Hot Wheels Team Transport assortment was release, and it had three excellent releases. However, all anyone could really talk about was the Liberty Walk ER34 Skyline, and I really couldn't understand why when the other two releases were just as nice. I especially liked the Shell themed Porsche 962. Anyway, the Skyline was the star of the show, and it was the only one that was ever bought whenever the assortment came in stock. So there was always a plethora of the other two hanging on the pegs. But things were a little different on a recent store run. As I arrived at the pegs, I instantly spotted some card art that I had never seen before, and in that moment, I got a huge smile on my face because I knew what I had found.


As I have already said, there is a specific reason as to why I wanted this release. So let me explain. When this casting made its debut in back in August, I really though it was going to be a one-and-done thing. Remember the Group 5 R30 Skyline that was released a few years ago? Of course you do, and I bet you were hoping to see more releases of it too. But I don't think we're going to see anymore releases of that beautiful casting, and it truly is disappointing. Anyway, I thought it was going to be the same story for this casting. Thankfully, it looks like we'll get a few more releases than the R30, although... this could actually be the last one. But I don't think it is because they seem to be taking full advantage of the Liberty Walk license. 

Besides wanting a second one, I also wanted this release because it looks like an actual race car rather than a car you would see at a show. I mean, the first release had a racing number on it too, and the top of it was also decorated. But in my opinion, it just doesn't look like something you would see taking the lead on the penultimate lap of a race.


The third reason why I wanted this release is because of the main company that is featured on it. In recent times, Hot Wheels has acquired the ability to add the Motul decal to their castings, and so far, there's been three releases with it. Unfortunately, I had to leave the third one behind because the 2-pack it was in had a re-release of the Alitalia Lancia Stratos, which is a replica I already have. And I know it had different wheels, but I still didn't feel the need to have it. Anyway, you never know when they'll no longer be able to use Motul, and that's why I want to have as many Motul themed releases as possible. And no, it's not because I think they will be worth anything in the future. For me, it's all about having more diecast models that feature real-life companies. In my opinion, they are some of the coolest ones to have.


The ER34 might be the highlight from this pairing, but it's not the only vehicle I wanted. Like many of you, I also like diecast haulers, and it's no lie that the Team Transport haulers are some of the best looking ones made today. So that's the other reason why I'm always excited whenever I'm able to find these. Oh, and it's even more exciting when it's new casting like this Fleet Street.

Now, Hot Wheels has already made a few flatbed haulers for the Team Transport line, but most of them look like trucks from a bygone era. The Aero Lift was the only one that looked like a modern truck. So it was definitely time for another one. And to be honest, I think this one is better than the Aero Lift because it has a wheel rack, which is a feature that's great for racing themed releases like this ER34.


Well, now you know all of the reasons why I wanted to have this particular Team Transport release, and I think you can clearly imagine how happy I am right now. If not, then I'm basically like a kid in a candy store.

Okay, I'm sure everyone will have good things to say about this release, so I'm not going to even ask how you feel about. However, if there is something that you don't like about it, then feel free to let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this additional feature. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment