Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Best On The Block: November 2022

It's the last day of November, so it's time to show six of the best releases that were featured in various post during the month.

#1: Pagani Zonda R - 2022 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: Now, this might not be the regular version that I fell in love with many years ago, but a Zonda is still a Zonda, and I've always wanted to see one from Hot Wheels. So words can't describe how happy I am to see this casting, and I love how it has the same proportions as the Huayra.

#2: Koenigsegg Agera R - 2022 Hot Wheels Car Culture


Why I Picked It: The Lamborghini Essenza SCV12 might have been the highlight from the latest Exotic Envy Car Culture assortment, but I still had to pick the Agera R. As most of you already know, this casting was made because Hot Wheels wanted to give collectors a replica of the one that was seen in the Need for Speed movie. Sadly, I missed that release, and I thought they were never going to use the casting again. But they eventually did, and that ultimately led to me being able to finally have something I thought I would never have, which is a red Agera R.

#3: 1975 Mitsubishi Lancer Celeste - 2022 Matchbox Moving Parts


Why I Picked It: In recent times, both of Mattel's deicast brands have given us more replicas of Mitsubishi's vehicles, and I'm sure that has put a huge smile on everyone's faces. But most of the cars we've gotten are from the '90s, so I was beginning to wonder if we were ever going to see some of the ones that are much older. That's why I got super excited when I found out we were going to get a very old Mitsubishi from Matchbox. And I have to say, they have once again proved why they are the go-to brand for unmodified classic cars. This casting is truly perfect, and it definitely deserved to be featured in this post.

#4: Nissan Maxima Drift Car & Super Advans (FC3 wheels) - 2022 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: I don't always consider picking station wagons for a Best On The Block post, but there's no denying the fact that this is one of the best looking releases on the block right now. Hot Wheels' design team has definitely turned a bland and boring car into something special. And I especially like how they gave it a see-through hood. But the casting itself is not the only reason why I picked this release, though. For the first time, a release's wheels are one of the reasons why it was picked. After all these years, Hot Wheels finally has a basic wheel that looks the Super Advans.

#5: Porsche 962 - 2022 Hot Wheels Team Transport


Why I Picked It: I'm so glad there were a plethora of these sitting at every store in my area. Sure, the Skyline has the most hype, but this Porsche is truly a sight to behold! And I feel it's currently the best looking release of the casting. So it had to be one of the releases that I picked for this post.

#6: 1971 Chevelle SS Convertible - 2022 Matchbox Local Cruisers


Why I Picked It: There were a few other releases that I thought about picking for the number six spot, but I just had to pick this release. I mean, just look at that marvelous paint! I love the way it looks when a light is shined on it.

Okay, those are the six releases that I picked for this month's edition of Best On The Block. Now that you know some of my favorites, I want to know yours. So go ahead and let me know what your favorite releases were from this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment