Thursday, June 30, 2022

Best On The Block: June 2022

It's the last day of June, so it's time to show six of the best releases that were featured in various post during the month.

#1: 1994 AMG-Mercedes C-Class DTM Touring Car - 2022 Hot Wheels Car Culture


Why I Picked It: This replica ended up being my favorite release from this year's Deutschland Design Car Culture assortment. And I felt it deserved to take the number one spot due to how impressive it is. I just love all of the tampo details that were applied to it.

#2: '20 Dodge Charger Hellcat - 2022 Hot Wheels Car Culture


Why I Picked It: This is a stunning version of the 2020 Charger, and I feel it looks good enough to always be considered one of the best releases on the block. But how its exterior looks is not the only reason why I picked it for this post. So far, there's been two releases of this casting, and I happen to think this is the better of the two. And no, I'm not just saying that because this is the only one I have. Sure, the first one is a movie replica, but I think the 2020 Hellcat looks phenomenal finished in green. 

#3: Porsche 918 Spyder - 2022 Matchbox Mainline



Why I Picked It: The design of this casting is why it took the number three spot. Unlike the Hot Wheels version, this casting's engine section is a separate piece, and that's what I like the most about it. Of course, that's not the only great thing about it's design, but I do think it's what makes this version a little better than the one from Hot Wheels. 

#4: 2016 Alfa Romeo Giulia - 2022 Matchbox Mainline


Why I Picked It: I think you already know why I picked this release. But if not, then I picked it because it's the one I've been waiting for. The previous releases (especially the white one) are still nice, but this one was finished in a cool version of my favorite color. 

#5: McLaren P1 - 2022 Hot Wheels Racing Circuit Series


Why I Picked It: If this wasn't one of the releases I got from Racing Circuit set, then the '71 Porsche would have taken the number five spot instead. But I had to pick this one because I've wanted an orange McLaren P1 for quite some time now, and I think this release was finished in a fantastic version of the color. 

#6: Nissan Z Proto - 2022 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: The first picture of the new Nissan Z that I saw showed a yellow one with gold wheels, and I instantly liked how it looked. So this release will most likely be my all-time favorite one due to its exterior and wheel color scheme. Another reason why I picked it is because I think it's a nicely designed 1:64 scale model. 

Okay, those are the six releases I picked for this month's edition of Best On The Block. Now that you know my favorites, I want to know yours. So go ahead and let me know what your favorite releases were from this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment