Monday, May 9, 2022

2022 Hot Wheels Flying Customs - Two More Again

Hello, and welcome to another additional feature. I'm sure you haven't been living under a rock, so you already know about the latest assortment of the Flying Customs. And I'm sure many of you have the entire assortment. But if not, then you're in the same boat as me. Basically, I'm having a hard time finding any of these on the pegs, which is a tad bit surprising. Why is that? Well, this assortment only has muscle cars. And yes, I know these old American cars have a huge fan base. But assortments like this are usually the ones that are a bit easier to find. Anyway, last month I published a post where I talked about two of the ones I was able to find, and once again, I'm only able to talk about two. But at the end of the day though, something is always better than nothing. 

Before I go over what I found, I'd like to take a moment to remind you of how I was disappointed with the one of the two releases I found last month. The release in question was the '86 Monte Carlo, and I wasn't quite happy with the design they gave it. In my opinion, each of its releases are starting to have designs that are a little too similar. Now, you're probably wondering why I brought this up. Well, it's because I am once again disappointed with one of the two releases I found. So once again, I'll be talking about the one I like the most first, then I'll get to the one I'm disappointed with. With that being said, let's go over what I found.

Between the two that I found, the '66 Chevy Nova is the one I like the most. There's been many good looking releases of this casting since it made its debut way back in 2007. And throughout the years, it has had basic and premium releases. Now, unfortunately I missed a lot of those, and that is because I wasn't quite into diecast like I am now. Fortunately, it's a casting that's used a little more than some of the other older castings, so I've been add some nice releases of it to my collection. And this latest one is absolutely just as nice as the few I had.  


The metallic purple they picked for this release's exterior is absolutely outstanding! Now, from what I can gather, this is the second time they've used purple for this casting, and I think this car looks really good finished in the color. So I'm glad they chose to use it again because I missed the first purple one. 

It goes without saying that this casting looks great with a stripe design, and I think they created a nice looking one for this release. I also like how they chose to use metallic paint for it. Thanks to that decision, this release looks fantastic when a light is shined on it. 

Now, as much as I like the overall stripe design, there is one thing that I would have done to make it even better. Similar to the sides, the top of this release also features blue stripes, but they were only applied to the hood. If it was up to me, I would have also applied them to the trunk. To be fair though, this is still a perfect release, and I actually like it as much as the Fast and Furious one I have. 


Okay, now it's time to go over the one I'm disappointed with. Flashy designs are one of the reasons why I like the Flying Customs releases. And I usually expect to see something new whenever these are released. What I'm not expecting to find is Flying Customs release that's basically a re-release. And that's why I'm disappointed with the '69 Shelby GT-500 from this assortment. This release is basically the same as the debut release.


One might argue that this one was finished in a brighter shade of red, and the stripe is a little different. And I'll admit that those are very valid points. However, at the end of the day, it is still red with a yellow side stripe. Now, since this is a special release, you'd think they would have tried to create a design that's as cool as the one they created for the Nova. But instead, they chose to make this release similar to an older one. 

If they were going to use a similar side stripe, then I feel they should have at least thought about picking a different color for it. And since its exterior is red, I would have made the stripe black. They could have also chose to make this release silver jade with a black or gold stripe. Of course, those are just two of the ideas that come to mind. Ultimately, there are many other color schemes they could have picked, and any one of them would have been better than the one chosen for this release.


So why did I get it if I don't like its color scheme? Well, the answer to that has to do with the wheels. Basically, I wanted to have at least one example of this casting with the HO wheels. So I made the decision to just get it. After all, they don't use this casting that often, and this could end up being the only release of it with these wheels. 

Alright, those are the two that were left on the pegs. I'll still keep an eye out for the other ones, and I'll make a post about them if I'm able to find them. But don't expect another Flying Customs post anytime soon.

So how do you feel about these two? Do you also think they could have done something different with the Shelby? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Okay, that's all I got for this additional feature. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment