Tuesday, May 24, 2022

2022 Hot Wheels Flying Customs - Found The Last Four

Hello everyone, welcome to another additional feature here on the boulevard. Trying to find all of the releases from the latest Flying Customs assortment proved to be a difficult task. Initially, I was only able to find two. Then I spent many days looking for more, which led to me eventually finding two more. After a while, I started to think that I wasn't going to find the rest of them, but I decided to keep an eye out for them anyway. After all, people will eventually start to ignore certain releases or entire assortments, and that's usually when I'm able to find full pegs. And a full peg of the latest Flying Customs assortment is exactly what I was able to find. Okay, I've made this intro long enough, let's go over the last four releases. 

I'm going to talk about the Custom Otto first because I'm actually disappointed with the design choices that were made for it. Similar to the '86 Monte Carlo, this too features a design that's a little too similar to a design that was created for an older release. And the older release I'm talking about is none other than the one from last year. 





Did you notice anything about the two designs? If not, then take a close look at the black stripes that were applied to both releases. I can ignore the one on the hood, but I can't get over how similar the side stripe is. I also don't see why this year's release had to have a racing theme either. In my opinion, they could have created a cool looking flame design instead. And if not that, then they should have at least created a stripe design that was different. So to be honest, I only got this Customs Otto because I wanted to have one with the Retro Slot wheels. If not for those, then I would have definitely left it behind.


The '69 Mercury Cougar Eliminator is the next one I needed to find, and my jaw hit the floor when I first laid eyes on it. However, after I calmed down, I then realized that it too features a design that's similar an older release. Now, one might say that a lot of this casting's older releases have similar designs, and that is a valid point. But the older release I'm referring to is from the 2011 Holiday themed 5-pack. This release's side stripe is very similar to the one that was applied to the aforementioned release. To be fair though, there is a reason why I don't mind this release's side stripe. 


Unlike the Custom Otto, the '69 Cougar's exterior has a distinctive dowered sloped line along its sides. And the designers have used that line as a inspiration for the various designs they have created for this casting. So that's why I don't have an issue with this release's side stripe. 

The stripe design isn't why my jaw hit the floor though. Basically, I was astonished by this release's overall color scheme. Now, I do think they could have picked a lighter shade of purple for the stripes, which would have made them a little more noticeable, but I can accept how dark they are.



There have been many different Mustang/Shelby GT-500 castings created over the years, and for the most part, I've been able to get a lot of the different releases. However, some of the castings made their debut back when I wasn't really into diecast. As such, I don't own that many of them. That's why I was excited to learn that there would be two more in this assortment. Of course, I wasn't too happy with the '69 Shelby GT-500, which was disappointing because I was really hoping to see something new. Anyway, the '65 Ford Mustang Convertible is the second one, and I like what was done to it.


I think it's great how this release doesn't feature the typical stripe design that's usually seen on these cars. Although, I guess it technically does, since it has that additional red stripe along its sides. And speaking of that stripe, I feel there was no need to add it. I honestly think this release would have looked just fine without it. But I can ignore it because I like everything else about this release. 



There's been quite a few good looking releases of the '69 Chevelle SS 396, and I do have a few of them in my collection. But I've wanted to have a few more releases of it for quite some time now, and I was starting to think about getting one off of the secondary market. Fortunately, I can now cancel those plans because I'm pleased with the latest release of it.


This release's exterior color was the main thing I was worried about after I found the '69 Shelby GT-500. At the time, I started to wonder if this release was also going to be similar to a release I already had. So I'm thrilled with their decision to use a color that hasn't already been used for an older release of this casting. 



Personally, this Flying Customs assortment isn't as good as the previous ones, and the reason why I'm saying that is because I didn't like enough of the releases from it. I just can't understand why they made some of them look so similar to older releases. Take the Flying Customs release of the '96 Nissan 180SX for example, nothing about that release was similar to an older release. So I don't see why they couldn't have created new designs for these. Hopefully the next assortment will be better, but only time will tell. 

So how do you feel about these? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this additional feature. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment