Saturday, March 26, 2022

My Want List: 2022 Hot Wheels Case B & C - Still Not Done But That's Fine Part 2

Hello, and welcome to the second part of yesterday's post. If you're returning, then let me just say thank you for coming back. Now then, most of what I had on my want list was talked about yesterday, so this second part will show the rest of what I got. With that being said, let's begin.

The '16 Cadillac ATS-V R was one of my favorite new models from the 2018 mainline. Besides being a new race car, it was also a new Cadillac. So I couldn't wait to get many more releases of it. However, things didn't go the way I thought they would. After the 2019 release, the casting was nowhere to be seen in the 2020 mainline. Then there were none last year. So I thought they were done with the casting. But to my surprise, they've chose to release one in this year's mainline. 


Even though I'm happy to see it again, I have to admit that I'm just a tad bit disappointed with the livery they gave it. Although there are noticeable differences between it and the livery featured on the debut release, I feel it's a little too similar. And after not being used for two years, I would have liked to have seen something a little different. 

To be fair though, it does seem like this release's livery is based on the ones seen on the real cars. So I'm not going to complain too much. I just hope there'll be more releases going forward, and hopefully they'll create a nice custom livery like they did with this year's release of the BMW CSL.



With how many classic Japanese and European vehicles we get, it's always nice to see the occasional classic American vehicle. And like you, I love seeing a nicely decorated 1950s vehicle. That's why I was overcome with joy when I found out we were finally going to get another release of the '56 Ford F-100. 


Sadly, this is another casting I don't have many of, and to be more specific, I only had one. I know they released one back in 2019, but I simply didn't like the design choices they made for it. Thankfully, that's not the case with this year's release.

Besides the matte finish, I really like how it wasn't given the typical Mooneyes theme. I mean, it has scallops, but it doesn't feature the yellow and black color scheme. It's also nice to finally see a release of this casting with the Aero Disk wheels.  



Do any of the unlicensed castings make it to your want list? Well, as you saw from yesterday's post, my want list will have them. And sometimes there will be more than one unlicensed casting I want. So with that being said, the next casting I checked off of my want list is the HW450F. Similar to the GT-Scorcher, it's another one of my favorite unlicensed castings, which is why I'm glad they chose to do another release of it. And it was another one of the releases I had to have thanks to it featuring a cool flame design.


The last release I got is the brand-new Ford Mustang Mach-E 1400, and to be honest, the real-life Mach-E was a vehicle I wasn't paying too much attention to. It has Mustang in its name, but it didn't have the looks or the roar of a 5.0 liter V8. But my perception of the Mach-E has changed after I found an article on Ford's media site that talks about the Mach-E 1400. 


According to the article, Ford collaborated with RTR Vehicles to create this one-off version of the Mach-E. And it was built to "demonstrate the performance possibilities of electric propulsion." I also learned that it has seven electric motors, and it can be adjusted to drift or race at a track. Hmm... this sounds like the perfect vehicle for RPM STARZ. Anyway, the Mach-E 1400 is truly an amazing vehicle, and I appreciate this casting a whole lot more now that I've learned about its real-life counterpart. 

Although I appreciate it, there's still the question of how do I feel about it? Well, other than it not having side-view mirrors, I'd say it's a wonderful replica. They did a nice job re-creating its various exterior features in 1:64 scale, and I especially like how accurate the wing looks. So this will honestly be a casting I look forward to each year.



Okay, that's everything I was able to get. Although I've had a few issues with some of the releases, so far, this year's mainline has been stellar. And I'm very excited to see what the rest of this year has to offer. 

So what was your favorite car from these two cases? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of My Want List. Until I find more, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment