Thursday, December 16, 2021

The Newest Team RPM STARZ Race Car

Hi everyone, welcome to another additional feature. Each year, the 1:64 Scale GT holds it's annual classic circuit race that's called the Ol' School 100. So participating teams bring their best classic cars to compete against each other for 100 laps. Now if you've visited the team's garage, then you already know that we has a few cars that'll qualify. In fact, for the past few years we've entered our RX-7, and it's gotten us a win. So it's not a bad car to use for the Ol' School 100, but I felt it was time to try and find a new car for next year's race. And that led to me going for a cruise around the outskirts of Diecast BLVD to see if anyone was selling anything worth being turned into a race car.

Initially, I wasn't impressed with what I was seeing for sale. So I was ready to call it a day, but I decided to turn down one last road. Upon doing so, I spotted a little blue barn with a car that piqued my interest. It was a '65 Ford Galaxie, and it wasn't in the best condition. But that's exactly what I was looking for! So I slammed the brakes to see if was for sale, and it was. 

It might have taken some time, but my team was able to completely restore it. According to one of my crew members, it's condition wasn't as bad as I thought, so restoring it wasn't that hard. Anyway, the car is ready to race in next year's Ol' School 100. So wish us luck!


Okay, that's enough story telling for today. In all seriousness, this is a very beautiful release, and I feel it's one of this year's best Treasure Hunt releases. And even if you disagree, you have to admit that it's better than last year's regular version. I mean.. I still like it, which is why I got an extra one to have on display. But this one is definitely better, and I'm not just saying that because it's a Treasure Hunt.

Besides being a special release that features my team's colors, it also features a fantastic amount of additional details. I have to say, they truly went all-out with the livery, and I love it! I especially like all of the additional decals. I know the previous release also had decals, but it didn't have as many as this release. Additionally, this Treasure Hunt release features real-life companies, which is another plus in my book.



Thanks to this release's overall design, I no longer have to try and get one of the older releases off of the secondary. Despite having the Gulf themed 50th Anniversary Favorites release, I still had my eye on one of the Vintage Racing releases. But this one's livery is just as good as the one I wanted to get.

All in all, this is a ten out of ten release, and I'm sure you all will agree. Okay, I'm done drooling over it. Now I want to share how I feel about it being a special release. 


To be honest, I was disappointed when I found out they decided to make this year's release a Treasure Hunt. After being placed in the mainline, I thought they were going to do many nice looking releases that were easy to get, but that hasn't been the case. I know this is only it's second year in the mainline, and I'm sure there's many more mainline releases to come. But there's always a chance they could decided to only do premium releases of it again. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't want to have to worry about trying to add another one of these to my collection. 

I should also mention that I know I could have had a fourth one, but it was a mail-in promotion, and the Ralphs locations near me never had enough releases for me to participate in the event. So that's another example of a special Galaxie release that's hard to get, and that's why I'm hoping for more releases that are easier to get. It's such a beautiful American classic, and I would really like to have more of them. But three is better than none, and I at least have two that I really like. So I'm satisfied.

So what are your thoughts on the first two mainline releases? Do you also want to see more releases of this casting that are easy to get, or are you happy with the harder to find special releases? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this additional feature. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment