Tuesday, December 7, 2021

My Want List: 2021 Hot Wheels Case P - Part 2

Hello, and welcome to the second part of my case P want list. If you were one of the ones that read part one, then I appreciate you coming back to check out part two. Now, it's worth mentioning that all but one of the releases featured in this post are recolors. So I won't have that much to say about some of them, but that doesn't mean I dislike them. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Sometimes, when a release is just as good as the previous one, there's not a whole lot to say. Of course, I'd still make it know if there was a design choice I didn't like. Alright, that's enough small talk, let's go over the last of my case P want list. 

To start things off, I'm going to talk about the '19 Ford Ranger Raptor first, since it's the one that's not a recolor.


Due to the design choices made for it, the debut release of this casting never made it to my want list. I did end up getting the second release though. It too had a design, but I liked it more than the design created for the first release. Furthermore, I wanted to have at least one of these in my collection. After that, I had high hopes that the next release would either be plain or with a design that's not too wild. Well, as you can see, the design team chose to do the latter.

It's not exactly as simple as I'd like, but it's not as wild as the designs created for the previous two. So I'm satisfied. As for the color scheme, I do think it's an interesting mix of colors. I, for one, would have picked a different color for the pin stripe and "Performance." And I also would have picked a different color for the wheels. But at the end of the day, I feel this release is better than the first one, which is why I didn't think twice about getting it. Okay, let's get to the recolors.



I love the Then and Now mainline series, but I don't like this year's Mazda pair. As you all know, the "Then" Mazda ended up being one of this year's Treasure Hunts. That decision made it so only a few people could get it, and the rest of us would have to find one on the secondary market. In my opinion, it was a huge mistake to do that. Now, despite not liking the Mazda pair, I did decide to get the recolor of the '15 MX-5 Miata. 


I do happen to like how this release looks, I just don't like how they made the pairing near impossible to complete. But since I like it, I figured it'd be best to have one that's not the same color as the "Then" version. That makes it a little easier to ignore the Treasure Hunt.


To be truthfully honest, I do think this is the better of the two colors, and there's a reason why I'm saying that. The debut release of this casting was finished in red and given a white stripe design. Although it's not the same red, this year's first release was also finished in red and given a white stripe design. So when it comes to the color scheme, I feel they are way too similar. That's why I feel this one is better. I should also mention that this is the first time grey was used for this casting, so that's another plus. 


I always liked the Hot Wheels exotic mainline series, but now I absolutely love it thanks to this year's castings. I mean, I still can't stop drooling over the Bugatti EB110 SS and the McLaren F1. And there's still one more awesome new casting to come. But that's a story for another post. Anyway, one of the models in this year's series is the Porsche 993 GT2, and it's the next one I checked off of my list. 


As for how I feel about this recolor, there's not a whole lot to say. Like the one released earlier this year, this too is a ten out of ten release. 



One of the models in this year's HW Turbo series is the '17 Acura NSX, and it's recolor is the next one I got. In my opinion, this is one of those recolors that's better than the first one. Earlier this year, Hot Wheels gave us one of these finished in red. It wasn't a bad shade of red, so don't get me wrong. It's just the recolor of the 2016 release was also red. And I know, that release's red was much darker, but it was still red nonetheless. Now, I don't mind having multiple releases finished in different shades of the same color. I just think there also needs to be just as many releases that are finished in colors that haven't been used yet. And that's what I love about this recolor. 


This is truly a fantastic shade of green, and I don't know about you, but I think it makes this car look outstanding. Now since I don't see these driving around on a regular basis, I decided to do some digging on the internet. And by digging, I mean checking the company's web site to see if they offer a color that's similar to this one. From what I saw, green is not one of the colors that's available for the latest NSX. 

It's nice to see releases finished in colors that are based on ones available for the real car, however, it's also nice to see ones finished in colors that aren't. That's one of the other reasons why I love collecting Hot Wheels. 



Speeding through the nighttime streets of Diecast BLVD is the recolor of the '89 Mazda Savanna RX-7 FC3S. The white one is still nice, but I was waiting to see one finished in my favorite color. And I love the blue they picked for it. Now do I prefer one over the other? No I don't. I honestly like both of this year's releases equally. 




The '94 Audi Avant RS2 is one cool station wagon, and it's second release is available in this case. Although silver isn't a bad color for this car, I still prefer the blue one. I basically got this release because I wanted to make sure I had multiple plain releases of this casting. I'm sure next year's release will also be plain, but for all you know, Hot Wheels could give it a deign like they did with the '96 Impala. Yeah... I just can't get over that. I was really hoping to see another plain one. Anyway, despite liking the blue one more, this is still an okay release, and I'm sure you all agree.




The last release I had on my case P want list is the recolor of this year's The Batman Batmobile. As much as I love the various recolors of Batman's vehicles, there's no denying how great the black ones are. After all, black is the character's main color. 


Now, in this particular Batman series, the Batmobile featured a black and blue color scheme. Unfortunately, the debut release of this casting, which is still the best replica, is one I don't have. Fortunately for me, Hot Wheels chose to use that color scheme again for this release. And that's why I had to have it.

Many of you DC fans might disagree, but I kind of like this release more than the one that was in the cartoon. And it's all thanks to the stripe design, as well as the blue wheels. 


Well, that's another section of my 2021 want list complete. Now it's time to be on the lookout for this year's last case, and then it'll be time for 2022 case A. Time sure does fly! Anyway, if you were to ask me which case P release I liked the most, I'd tell you that it's the McLaren F1. Like I said, it's my second favorite car.

Not that you know my favorite case P release, I want to know yours. So feel free to let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of My Want List. Till next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment