Friday, December 31, 2021

Best On The Block: December 2021

It's the last day of December, so it's time to show six of the best releases that were featured in various post during the month.

#1: Tesla Roadster - 2021 Matchbox Mainline


Why I Picked It: This casting was shown when Mattel announced how they were going green with a lot of their products. And like a lot of people online, I too wrote a post about the news. Now some of the people got sent a review copy of the car, while others (myself included) used the photos they provided on their website. I was truly stunned at how awesome this casting looked when I first saw pictures of it, and I couldn't wait for it to be released. So I think you can imagine how excited I was when I was finally able to have one for myself, and that's why it's taking the number one spot in this month's post.

#2: McLaren F1 - 2021 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: I had no problems picking this release for this post. After all, the McLaren F1 is my second favorite car, and I'm still thrilled with how we're finally able to have a Hot Wheels version of it. And as you can see, I took the opportunity to get an extra one to have on display. I know they've made the F1 GTR, and it's still a great casting, but I've wanted this version of it for some time now. So having this casting is basically the same as having a birthday wish come true.

#3: '65 Ford Galaxie - 2021 Hot Wheels Mainline 


Why I Picked It: In case you missed the post I made for it, this release is the newest addition to my race team. So there's no way I couldn't pick it for this post. Besides that, I feel it's the best looking Treasure Hunt from this year's mainline. And that's why it absolutely deserved to be one of this month's best releases on the block!

#4: Spiderman GP-7 - 2021 Hot Wheels Entertainment


Why I Picked It: Initially being a Comic Con exclusive casting is just one of the reasons why I picked it for this post. The other reason has to do with the fact that it taught me something new. Now I'm no Marvel buff, but I have seen some of the latest Spiderman movies, and none of them had the character using a vehicle. So that's why I had to do some research. In doing so, I discovered that there was a different version of the character created for a Japanese television series. Collecting is fun, but it's also fun learning something new.

#5: Pagani Huayra - 2021 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: There were many good releases from this year's case Q, so it wasn't easy picking one for this post. However, a decision had to be made, and this is the release I Picked. Many of you might still prefer the Spectraflame gold that was used for the id version, but I absolutely love the metallic gold used for this version. I should also mention that this is my new favorite release of this casting thanks to the other design choices made for it.

#6: '99 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning - 2021 Hot Wheels Car Culture


Why I Picked It: The SVT Lightning from the Hyper Hulaers Car Culture assortment is the release that's taking the sixth and final spot in this post. As you might already know, I have no issue with the version they created for the mainline. After all, I feel it's a great alternative to this premium one. However, I still wanted to have at least one release of this version in my collection. And I was extremely happy when I found it on the pegs. The joy of finally having it is why I made it one of this month's best releases on the block. 

Okay, that's all six of the releases I picked for this month's Best On The Block post. Now that you know my favorites, go ahead and let me know down in the comments what your favorite releases were from this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment