Sunday, October 31, 2021

Best On The Block: October 2021

It's the last day of October, so it's time to show six of the best releases that were featured in various post during the month.

#1: 1932 Ford Coupe - 2021 Matchbox Mainline


Why I Picked It: This was definitely one of my favorite releases from mix six. I love hot rods, and I was a little disappointed when I found out that the Hot Wheels five-window was going to be a Red Line Club exclusive. So you can imagine how happy I was to see a five-window from Matchbox. It's also worth mentioning that I'm very pleased with the design choices made for this first release.

#2: 1962 Mercedes-Benz 220SE - 2021 Matchbox Collectors Series


Why I Picked It: I got excited when I found out we were finally going to get another release of this casting. From what I can gather, the initial releases of it were finished in red like the previous release. So I felt it was time for it to be finished in another color. And I don't think I have to say it, but I'm completely satisfied with the blue that was picked. In my opinion, it's a great color for classic cars.

#3: TV Series Batmobile - 2021 Hot Wheels Batman Walmart Set



Why I Picked It: I have a few different releases of this casting in my collection, and I love all of them. But I have to admit that this is one of the coolest ones. What I like, is how the design makes it look like it's a vehicle from Tron. Even if you don't feel that way, you have to admit that it's a design that makes this a cool model to have.

#4: '70 Plymouth Barracuda - 2021 Hot Wheels Flying Customs


Why I Picked It: Unlike you longtime collectors, my collection isn't massive, and there are still many castings I don't have. Fortunately, this Flying Customs mix made it so I have one less casting I have to get off of the secondary market. So that's why I decided to make this new addition to my collection one of this month's best releases on the block.

#5: Porsche 911 GT3 RS - 2021 Hot Wheels Entertainment


Why I Picked It: I chose to not get the Birch green 2017 release, and that was a decision I ended up regretting. After a while, I started to like green colored cars a little more, which led to me wanting the green GT3 RS I didn't get. Fortunately, I didn't have to get that one off of Ebay thanks to this Lizard green release. This will always be one of my favorite releases of this casting, and that's why it had to be one of the releases featured in this month's Best On The Block.

#6: Wooden Pizza Planet Truck - 2021 Hot Wheels Entertainment



Why I Picked It: This release absolutely deserved to be one of this month's best releases on the block! I love unique pieces, and this release is definitely unique. In my opinion, it's a flawless replica due to all of the details that were applied to every inch of it.

Okay, that's all six of the releases I picked for this month's Best On The Block post. Now that you know my favorites, go ahead and let me know down in the comments what your favorite releases were from this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment