Monday, September 6, 2021

My Want List: 2021 Hot Wheels Case M - Part 1

Hello, and welcome to a new edition of My Want List. Like case L, this case had a lot of releases I wanted. So this is going to be a multi-part post like the last one. Now, despite being able to find most of what I wanted, there are still two releases I have yet to find. But I figured I'd go ahead and show the ones I was able to get. The two I couldn't find should be obvious once you finish both parts of this edition of My Want List. Anyway, let's get this first part started.

Due to how many great license castings there are in each mainline assortment, it's a little easy to overlook some of the great original castings that are new. Not too long ago, Hot Wheels gave us the Muscle and Blown, and at the time, it was my favorite original casting from this years mainline. Now that case M is out, I have a second favorite original casting that's new. It's called the GT-Scorcher, and it's definitely one hot casting! 


Some original castings feature bodies that are a little too wild, which is why I don't always get them. However, I think this one has the perfect balance, and it's all thanks to them using the design styles of the group five cars as a inspiration. I honestly like how this casting came out. I should also mention that I think it's cool how they decided to make it's engine visible.


As for the design, I have no issue with this first release featuring the Hot Wheels livery. After all, I did say that I was going to be getting more of these releases. Anyway, I hope they do this casting justice by giving it's future releases some realistic looking liveries, instead of some random design that adult collectors might not like. I know they are in the business of making toys for children, but this race car deserves to be treated right. 


The Cybertruck! Tesla's majestic futuristic truck that accidentally had it's windows broken during it's unveiling, is now a 1:64 scale Hot Wheels casting. I didn't think it'd be easy to find this casting. I guess it got overshadowed by the two releases I couldn't find. Now, to be honest, when pictures of it started going around the internet, I really thought it was fake. Fortunately, that wasn't the case, and I'm glad.


I think we can all agree that it was a good idea to leave this debut release's exterior unpainted. This is the best way to make it match the real Cybertruck and it's stainless steel exterior. I never understood why they couldn't do this for the mainline release of the DeLorean. Silver isn't a bad color, it's just unpainted is closer to stainless steel. So I'm really glad they didn't make this release silver.

I'm curious to see what color they'll choose for the next release. I don't know about you, but when I look at the design of this vehicle, I feel it would look stunning with a matte black exterior. So that's the paint I'd like to see used next. Whatever color they choose, it'll definitely be a release that's apart of my want list.




I always get excited when the folks at Hot Wheels decide to put premium castings into the mainline. Premiums with added details are nice, but being in the mainline makes it so more collectors can get their hands on these great castings at retail cost. With that being said, case M features the mainline debut of two old school American cars that were once only premiums. 

The first one, is the '87 Buick Regal GNX. Besides being new to the mainline, this release features an aftermarket company that's never been used before. The company featured is Black Widow Exahust, and that means this release is louder than the previous three releases. On a serious note, I think it's nice to see a new aftermarket company featured. In my opinion, there are so many different releases they could do with this decal. In fact, I think it'd be cool if they did a replica of their S10.  


As for the design, I think it's nice how they kept it simple, and it's also nice how they decided to decorate the hood too. I just wish they would have also decorated the trunk as well. But that's something I can ignore.



The second one making it's mainline debut, is the AMC Rebel Machine. This was the one I was the most excited for. This casting made it's debut back in 2012, and it was another one of the ones that wasn't used too often. That's why I only had the Forza release prior to this one. So I'm very happy to see a fourth release, and hopefully there'll be many more now that it's in the mainline. 


I like most of what was done to this release, and especially like how they used AMC's color scheme for it's design. Now, I do have a small issue with one of the design choices. Looking at the quarter panel, you'll see how they decided to add the Goodyear decal. Personally, this decal wasn't really needed on this release. As is the case with most minor issues I have with a release, this is something I can ignore. I'm just glad to finally have one of these with a red, white, and blue color scheme like the debut release. 


Okay, the next release checked off of my want list, is the recolor of the '98 Subaru Impreza 22B-STI Version. Although I got this release, I will admit that I'm not completely on board with one of the design choices made for it. And no, it has nothing to do with the exterior color. In fact, I quite like how this car looks finished in dark grey. My issue is with the wheel color. 



I get it, gold wheels on a Subaru go together like bread and butter, but there's no reason why every single release has to have them. In my opinion, this dark grey colored 22B would have looked just as fantastic with black or chrome wheels. Even white wheels would have been a nice alternative. To be fair though, this release was not a waste of a dollar. I just think they need to switch things up a little.



The race tracks around Diecast BLVD haven't been as loud as they used to be in years gone by. And they just got a little bit quieter thanks to the next release that was checked off of my want list. Making it's debut, is the 100% electric Nissan Leaf Nismo RC_02. In my opinion, this is one beautiful JDM machine, and I'm so glad Hot Wheels has the legal okay to make it. I feel they did a stellar job re-creating it in 1:64 scale. 


As for the tampo details, I really have no issues besides the fact that the top of it was left plain. But I'm not complaining, since this is a mainline release, and it does feature many of the side details that are seen on the real car.



Okay, I'm going to stop this first part here. Be sure to come back to the BLVD tomorrow to see the rest of what I got. Till then, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. And remember, these are just toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment