Thursday, September 30, 2021

Best On The Block: September 2021

It's the last day of September, so it's time to show six of the best releases that were featured in various post during the month.

#1: 1955 Corvette - 2021 Hot Wheels Convertible Set


Why I Picked It: This is an absolutely gorgeous release of this classic! Besides the color, I really like how they chose to not put a design on it. I mean, the releases prior to this one are okay, but not having a design make this one way better. 

#2: 1934 Chevy Master Coupe - 2021 Matchbox Mainline 


Why I Picked It: I don't know about you, but I feel it's nice to have another 1930s casting that isn't a hot rod like the various Ford castings. I remember how excited I was when I first saw pictures of it on the internet. In fact, I was so excited, I jumped out of my chair.

#3: 1953 Buick Skylark - 2021 Matchbox Mainline


Why I Picked It: This was obviously going to be one of my favorite releases from the month. After all, I bought a second one to open. It truly is nice to have more of our classic cars. I, for one, feel they are just as nice as the classics from international manufacturers. 

#4: GT Scorcher - 2021 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: Although it's a Hot Wheels original, I felt the need to include it in this month's post. I don't always get the unlicensed castings, but I feel this one of the ones that's perfect for both child and adult collectors alike. It's definitely one hot casting, and I hope they do things right by creating realistic looking liveries for it going forward.

#5: AMC Rebel Machine - 2021 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: This was one of the ones I wanted the most from this year's case M. I'm so happy to see this muscle car in the mainline. The Forza release was the only one I had prior to this one. But to be honest, I really wanted the debut release. Fortunately, the designers gave this release a similar color scheme. So I no longer need to go bankrupt getting the first one off of the secondary market.

#6: Porsche 964 - 2021 Hot Wheels Boulevard


Why I Picked It: I love the unique mix of colors that were picked for this release. Now, it's worth mentioning that that's not the only reason why I picked it for this post. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to participate in the recent Target mail-in promotion. And I was honestly feeling a little down about not being able to find enough releases to get that Porsche. I know this isn't the same Porsche as the mail-in, but it's still a classic Porsche nonetheless. And since I wasn't able to get the other one, I was very delighted to find this one.

Okay, that's all six of the releases I picked for this month's Best On The Block post. Now that you know my favorites, go ahead and let me know down in the comments what your favorite releases were from this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment