Friday, June 4, 2021

My Want List: 2021 Matchbox Mix 3

Hello, and welcome to another edition of My Want List. It took some time, but I was finally able to come across this year's Matchbox mix three. Sadly, I was unable to find everything I wanted. So my mix three want list isn't complete. I have my fingers crossed that I will be able to come across the last three that I want. If I do ever find the other ones I want, I will make a Today On The Boulevard post about them. Okay, that's enough about those, because today is all about what I was able to find. So let's get started.

Up first, is the 1971 MGB GT Coupe. In case you didn't know, I will sometimes have a specific release that's my all-time favorite. However, that's no longer the case with this casting now that I have this one. And it's obviously due to the exterior color. In my opinion, there are a few exterior colors that will always work for a classic car like this. Dark green, which is what they chose for this second release, is definitely one of those colors. 


Although I like both of it's releases equally, I do feel this one has one feature that makes it slightly better. That feature, is none other than it's base. The first one was given a grey plastic base, while this one was given a chrome plastic base. As you already know, this casting's grill and bumpers are apart of it's base. It might be trivial to some, but I think the aforementioned features look more realistic with this base particular base.

Like the debut release, this too has front and rear tampo details. Unlike the first one though, the front of this one was only given headlights. The decision was made to not give it the other details that were applied to the first one. I actually don't mind. 


The rear end has all of the same details that were applied to the first one. That even includes the license plate, which thankfully has different text. "MB 1213" is what was applied to the first release's plate, while "MB GT" was applied to this release's plate. 

I'm very pleased with this second release, and I hope I continue to be pleased with it's future releases.

Checked off of my want list next, is the Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet. Personally, I still kind of like last year's release a little more. To be more specific, I like it's exterior and interior color scheme more than this one's. Yeah... there's just something about a white Porsche with a beige interior. In my opinion, the color scheme gives these cars a classy look. I felt the same way about the debut release '96 Porsche Carrera from Hot Wheels. Anyway, this release isn't bad, and I do like how they decided to finish it in metallic black. I do like how this paint looks when a light is shined on it. 

The next thing I want to talk about, is the interior color. This year's release features a grey interior. Now, most of you won't care too much, since it really doesn't ruin the look of this release. However, if I was going to buy a real Carrera finished in black, I would get one with a black interior. 


I now need to point out why this release is great for certain collectors. As some of you might know, this casting actually isn't new. It's only been updated. Now, if you're like me, then chances are you missed out on getting some of it's earlier releases. This means you missed out on getting the initial two that were also black with a grey interior. The first one was released in 1999, and the second one was released in 2006. So if you're someone who wanted one of those two, then this release gave you the chance to have a better one at retail cost.


The next release that I got from this mix, is the 2019 Ford Mustang Coupe. This casting has had a total of four releases since it's debut, and I have three of them. The Top Gun release is the only one I'm missing. This is simply due to the fact that I didn't feel the need to acquire the other four vehicles in the 5-pack. So that's one release of this casting that I'm never going to have. Anyway, that's enough about that one.  

I'll get straight to the point, this release is now my favorite due to it's exterior color. The other two I have are nice, but nothing beats having a car finished in a cool shade of your favorite color. As you might already know, that color is blue. And the blue that was used for this release is fantastic!   


One of the other things I like about this release, is how it's plain like the other three releases. Yes, Mustangs look just fine with stripes, but a lot of Mustang releases from Hot Wheels have stripes. So I'm happy to have a blue one of these without them. 


The last release that I was able to get from this mix, is the Land Rover Gen II. The previous release of this casting was nice, but it's nice to see another one of these without a design. And they picked a nice looking green for it's exterior color. I also like how it's another release with black plastic wheels. The last one featured beige wheels, which was obviously done to give them the look of being dirty. You might have liked that decision, but I prefer this wheel color more. 


Like the debut release of this casting, this too has front and rear tampo details. Now, unlike the debut release, this one has an additional detail on it's front. For this release, they decided to add a tampo coating to the other front end lights.



I might not have been able to get everything I wanted, but I'm very pleased with the ones I was able to get. I think you already know the last ones I want from this mix. So I don't need to say anything else. 

Okay, so how did you feel about this mix overall? And do you have a specific favorite among the releases? Go ahead and let me know down in the comment section. Alright, that's all for this edition of My Want List. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment