Tuesday, March 23, 2021

My Want List: 2021 Hot Wheels Case E - Part 2

Okay collectors, welcome back to the BLVD. As promised, here's the second half of my 2021 Hot Wheels case E want list. Before I get started, I just wanted to quickly say thanks for coming back to see the rest of what I wanted. With that being said, let's get started.

Checked off of my want list next, is the '55 Bel Air Gasser that's apart of this year's Mattel Games mainline set. Okay...  so this release is representing a game that I had never heard of before. The game is called Gas Out. Basically, it's a card game where each player gets three cards. If the player uses a number card, they must then press on Guster the Gas Cloud as many times as the number he/she played. Now if the character makes a fart noise, then the player is out. There are supposedly other cards that are similar to UNO where you can skip your turn. The game overall seems simple enough, and if you or your children are into that kind of humor, then it could be a fun game for family game night. 

Now as you might know from one of my older post, if a release has a design, I will only get it if I feel it makes sense on the model. And this is one of the ones from this mainline set that I feel does. I think it was a cool idea to utilize this game, and it's character for a gasser. As you know, these types of drag cars are given names by their owners. As such, if this wasn't a game, I could honestly see someone naming their gasser Guster the Gas Cloud. 

Overall, I love how this release came out. No pun intended by the way. It's exterior was finished in a nice looking green, which of course is the color that was needed for the design. The gas cloud artwork from the game was utilized for the design. In-between the gas clouds is "Guster" and Guster the Gas Cloud himself. The Hot Wheels logo was placed underneath him. 

The roof of this release was also decorated. It features the character, as well as some additional designs around him. In my opinion, decorating the roof was a nice touch, and I feel it helped to make this release even better than it already was.

Now usually, I would have liked to see some decals on a car like this, but I actually don't care this time.

Like most of the basic releases of this casting, this too has the Hot Wheels 5SPs, and the decision was made to make them grey. Some of you might have preferred a different wheel color, but I have no issue with this color choice. There's really no need to have flashy wheels when you have a car that's as cool as this one.



Speeding off of my want list next, is the McLaren Speedtail that's right at home in this year's Factory Fresh mainline set. And I really like the color that was picked for it. The decision was made to finish it in the same orange that was used for the debut release of the McLaren 720S that I have. I don't know about you, but I think it's cool when the same paint is used for multiple models from the same manufacturer.

Being the kind of car that it is, and being in the Factory Fresh set, means that it wasn't given any kind of wild livery. Now obviously it was given some tampo details, but these are basically the same ones that were applied to the debut release. I really don't think this casting will ever need a design. 

I really like how this release was given the same realistic wheel combination as the debut release. The wheel color is the only thing that was done differently. As you all know, the debut release had all grey front and rear wheels. For this release, the decision was made to make the front wheels black with a chrome rim, and the rear wheels chrome. 

By the way, the "Exotics" watermark on the picture means that it's featured in my World Wide & Exotics gallery.



Silently speeding off of my want list next, is the Formula E Gen 2 Car that's apart of this year's HW Green Speed mainline set. This is another one of those releases that's just as good as the first one. And I really didn't think that was going to be the case with this car. Since Hot Wheels went all-out with the first one, I though the second one was going to feature more of a simple design with little to no decals. Thankfully, us collectors were given another great release to race against the first one.

The best thing about this release for me, is that it's a replica of the Formula E Gen 2 Car with the DS Autombiles livery. And it's a pretty good replica at that. Now obviously, since this is a $1 mainline, it isn't going to be totally accurate. But I think it's more than good enough, and it's great how it features a lot of the decals that are seen on the car this is based on. I could just imagine how accurate the livery would be if it was a premium. I also like how the top of it was given details too.

Once again the the Hot Wheels 10SPs were used for this casting. Now the real car has seven spoke wheels, but I feel these ten spoke wheels from Hot Wheels are good enough. Although... Hot Wheels did used to use a seven spoke wheel. But with all of the details featured on this release, the wheels are not that important to me. 


Shh... can you hear it? Can you hear the sound of a rumbling V8, and some screeching tires? Well I sure can, as the next car drifting off of my want list it the Custom '18 Ford Mustang GT that's apart of this year's HW Drift. Ever since this cool casting made it's 2019 debut, I knew it was going to be one that I was most likely going to always get. Now that could possibly change with a future release, but so far, I have liked all of it's mainline releases. And this metallic grey release is pretty good.

I feel the designers did a good job making a livery that features the Formula Drift logo. I only wish that it also featured some additional decals as well. Having them would have made the livery look more complete in my opinion. But I guess the Hot Wheels logo on the fender could be considered a sponsor decal.

The Hot Wheels designers also chose to decorate the hood of this casting too. First, the hood was given a black tampo coating. This was obviously done to gave it the look of being carbon fiber. The hood was then completed with the theme from the sides. So that's a similar styled design, as well as the Formula Drift and Hot Wheels logos.  Now Instead of using "FORMULA DRIFT" for the hood, the designers chose to use the "FD" logo instead.

The MC5s are the wheels that were chosen for this release. The front and rear wheels are a different color, which is fine by me since this is a drift car. All white MC5 wheels were used for the front, while the rear MC5's are black with a red rim. 

Now as cool as this release is, I do feel it would have looked slightly better if it had some kind of details applied to it's rear. But I can't complain since this is a $1 mainline, and not a premium.




Speeding out of the TV screen, and into my collection next, is this year's release of the Mystery Machine that's  apart of the Screen Time mainline set. I know some of you might be tired of seeing this casting, but I'm not. Sometimes, a newer release of a model might have one aspect that makes it better than the last one, and that's the case with this mainline release. The last time this casting was release in the mainline, it's front and rear were left plain. That isn't the case with this year's release. The front end of this one features the design. Sadly, the rear end was once again left plain. But I know, if I wanted one with a complete design, then I should just go look for one of the premium releases.

Now the design isn't the only thing that made me want to get this one. The wheels are another one of this release's aspects that contributed to it being added to my want list. The last mainline release, which was in 2017, was given the MC5 wheels. Those are okay, but I like how the decision was made to give this release the RSW wheels. Maybe it's just me, but the Mystery Machine looks way better with these slotted wheels. I guess it all comes down to personal preference though, as you might be more into how it looks with the MC5s.


Picture of the 2017 release with the MC5 wheels




Flying high above Diecast BLVD and D Star BLVD, is this year's release of the Batplane. When I say that I LOVE this release, I really mean it. If you decided to pass on this release, then I think you made a mistake. It might be hard to see with the lighting in the store, and you won't be able to see it in my picture, but this release was finished in a very dark metallic blue. When I first saw it, I though it was black, but I knew that couldn't be right because the debut release was black. I guess they could have made it metallic black if they wanted to, but I'm glad they didn't. 

The color isn't the only thing that makes this release cool. The designers chose to make a design for this release that consist of thin lines, and I think it was a very nice touch. I also like how they chose to make it blue. Now the design was only placed on the wings, but that is totally fine by me. After all, too much of anything is never good.

The one thing that I thought was interesting, was how they decided to give this blue release a yellow window piece. I would have personally chosen a blue piece, as that would have matched the design. But I will admit that it really doesn't look bad with a yellow window.


Alright collectors, that's my entire 2021 Hot Wheels case E want list. I don't think I have to say it, but my favorite model from this case is definitely the GT-40 MK IV. I used to say this all the time, and I'm going to say it again, I love the timeless look of classic sports cars, and race cars. 

Okay, so if you have a specific favorite from this case, feel free to let me know down in the comments. With that being said, that's all for this edition of My Want List. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment