Tuesday, February 23, 2021

My Want List: 2021 Hot Wheels Case C - Part 2

Alright everyone, here is part two of my 2021 Hot Wheels case C review. Instead of a doing a fancy intro, I figured that I'd just get things started. So let's begin.

The seventh vehicle that I wanted from this case, it the '17 Lamborghini Urus that's apart of this year's Factory Fresh mainline set. For this second release, the Hot Wheels designers chose to paint it metallic blue. Being this color would have usually made it my favorite release. However, that's not the case this time. Basically, I like this and the first one equally. 

When it comes to additional tampo details, this second release was given the same ones that were applied to the first one. This for me is great because that's all this model will ever need to be perfect.

For this releases wheels, the designers chose to use chrome TRAP5s. I think it was a great idea to change the wheels. Sometimes, a new release of a casting will be given the same wheels as it's previous release, which is fine. But it's nice when they decide to switch things up, as that truly makes it look like a new release rather than a recolor.


The next vehicle that I wanted from this case, is the BMW M3 GT2. This release is apart of this year's HW Race Day mainline set. This is one BMW that has not had many releases. The first release of this casting was way back in 2012. And so far, this fifth release is the second time that it's been in the mainline. This is actually kind of surprising because it's a very nice model.

This release is actually an updated version of the casting. For those of you that have the original like me, I think you can guess what was changed. Did you guess that it was the wing? Well if you did, then you're correct. The wing is now apart of the body. I'm going to be honest, I actually don't like this change. Being a separate piece, made it so this model could have a different colored wing, which is something that I liked. Take the debut release for example, it's white with a blue wing. 

Now yes, I did decide to put this on my want list, but I can't say that I totally like it as much as the previous releases of it. It's not the color that I have a problem with. In fact, the red that was used is the main reason why I added it to my want list. My issue is with the design that was applied to it. It's sides feature two triangles over a yellow section on the lower half of the door. Placed over this detail is a very simple number box with the Hot Wheels logo. The hood features a similar styled design.

In my opinion, this is not their best looking fantasy design. I know for a fact that the designers are capable of doing something way better than this. Making things worse, is the fact that there are no front or rear details.

Besides the exterior color, the wheels are one of the other things that made me want to get this release. Black Aero Disk wheels are the ones that were chosen. Like the DD8s, these are another one of the newer wheels that I wanted to see on a older casting. And I think this casting looks nice with them.



The Ford GT-40 from this year's Then and Now, is the next vehicle that I wanted. So it looks like we're going to see a continued use of Gumball 3000 theme. So far, there hasn't been too many releases with this theme. I just hope that it doesn't become their go-to theme like the Urban Outlaw theme. Regardless of how I feel, they are definitely going to capitalize on the license agreement to use this name. So going forward, I might be looking at a similar situation where I grow tired of seeing it being used. Now that doesn't mean that I won't get the releases, but it just means that I won't like them as much.

Now since this theme is still somewhat fresh, I can say that this GT-40 looks fantastic with it. Overall, it features a cool looking red and blue stripe design that was also applied to the top of this model. The door features a blue number circle with the number 4, and "Gumball 3000" was placed above the rear wheel arch. Applied to the top of this GT-40, is a nicely sized Gumball 3000 logo. 

Black PR5s with a dark grey rim are the wheels that were chosen for this release. I'm glad the rim wasn't painted chrome red or chrome blue. Maybe you'd like those colors for this release, but I think it looks better with dark colored wheels.



Up next, is the Subaru WRX STI that's apart of this year's HW Speed Graphics mainline set. The exterior color is the main thing that I like about this one. It's nice to finally have a brightly colored release of this casting. Most of the releases before this one were either blue, black, or red. There was one in 2013 that was white. Now there's nothing wrong with those colors, it's just nice to see this casting finished in a color that hasn't already been used for it.

The Hot Wheels designers also chose to give this release a design that is actually pretty cool. And I like how the STI logo was incorporated into it. I also like how red and black were the colors chosen for it. I don't know how the diecast community feels, but I think this is a cool color combination for a design on a yellow car.

The sides were also given some addition decals, which as you know, is something that I like to see. The decals are as follows: Pirelli, Piaa, Subaru, and Hot Wheels.

The decision to add the design to the top of this release is another thing that I like. Placed on the driver side, is a stripe that starts on the hood and continues onto the roof. "STI" and "Subaru" are the only two decals that were applied to the hood. 

Chrome PR5s are the wheels given to this release. Although this release might have looked better with the J5s, I really don't have an issue with the choice to use the PR5s. I'm just glad they are chrome.  

 

The next vehicle, is The Batman Batmobile that's apart of this year's Batman mainline set. Batman's vehicles, are one thing that I will never grow tired of seeing from Hot Wheels. Most companies that make replicas of Batman's vehicles, will usually try to make them accurate. Hot Wheels on the other hand, is the one brand that will make different colored ones.

I don't know how you feel, but in my opinion, not all Bat vehicles have to be dull colors. As such, I really like the decision to make this release's body bright blue. The shade chosen is simply eye catching, and I feel it helps to gives this model a cool cartoon like appearance.

The exterior color isn't the only thing that makes this a cool model to have. For this release, the Hot Wheels designers chose to also throw yellow into the mix. The two body features that are yellow, are the widow plastic, and the RA6 wheels. These two aspects further add to the cartoon like appearance. 

Another reason why I won't grow tired of seeing Batmobiles from Hot Wheels, is because they will also make cool looking designs for them. And I feel the yellow design on this release was a nice touch. The design itself is made out of thin lines, and it was only applied to the top of this model. It's simple, but simple is good enough for me. 



The last vehicle that I had on my case C want list, is the Ion Motors Thresher. Some collectors might like the Target version of this car better, as that one has a moving feature. But for obvious reasons, the Target one doesn't have a visible interior, whereas this mainline version does. This is why I like to get both versions of these models. 

Now there's actually one reason why you should like both as well, and it has to do with the color. This mainline release is actually the third color for this awesome casting. Unlike the first one that was purple, the second color was only available in the Target set. That one was finished in grey, and given a blue stripe. This third color, has a similar appearance to that one. For this mainline release, the decision was made to paint it in a grey that's much darker than the one that was used for the Target release.

It's also worth noting that the stripe is blue like the stripe on the target release. Personally, it would have been cool if they made one these releases have a different colored stripe. 

Like the second release, this too was given the Hot Wheels 10SPs. For this release though, the decision was made to give them a chrome finish. 


Okay collectors, that's all of the vehicles that I wanted from this year's case C. So... what are your thoughts on the models from this case? Feel free to let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this edition of My Want List. Until next time, happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment