Monday, October 26, 2020

Today on the Boulevard: Walgreens Exclusive Nova Wagon Gasser

Okay everyone, welcome back to the only boulevard where racing is legal. In case you didn't know, I never make store exclusive releases a priority. I found collecting to be way more fun this way. Now if I can find a certain exclusive release, then great. But if not, then that's also great. After all, I'm not collecting for the value of these 1:64 scale models. Now like the title mentions, I was able to find this year's Walgreens exclusive color of the '64 Nova Wagon Gasser.

Taking a look at all of this models aspects, has made me like this one more than the red one. I really like how the choice was made to make this exclusive recolor blue. Now when I first saw pictures of this recolor, I though it was finished in gloss blue. To my delight, Hot Wheels chose to give it a matte finish. And by now, you all should know how I feel about Hot Wheels releases that feature matte finishes. So ultimately, this choice of paint played a huge roll in my likeness of this recolor.

The colors used for this release's design, are mostly the same as the red release. However, the choice was made to change the color of the design's center section to orange. I personally like how it is now a completely different color than this Nova's exterior color. As you all know, this section is red on the first release. Despite that release's exterior being a slightly different shade of red, the center of the design was ultimate not that noticeable. At least... not as noticeable as this aspect on this release.

Once again the Hot Wheels 5SP wheels were used for this model. This time though, they were given a chrome finish. I don't really have a specific wheel color preference for this release, as black wheels would've been just as good as these chrome wheels in my opinion.

Alright readers, were you able to get your hands on this recolor? If so, what do you like the most about it? Go ahead and let me know your thoughts down in the comments section. That's all for this edition of Today on the Boulevard. Until next time, thanks for reading and happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment