Friday, October 9, 2020

Hot Wheels 2020 Case N: The Rest of my Want List

Why hello there! Welcome to another diecast review. I happened to have a bit of luck on one of my recent trips out. Like the title states, I was able to acquire the rest of the vehicles that I wanted from Hot Wheels 2020 case N. In total, it was only three more that I needed. Trying to find them though, was honestly like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I'm just glad the hunt is over and they are finally in my garage. With that said, let's get things started.

Speeding onto the boulevard first, is the '18 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon that's apart of this year's Muscle Mania mainline set. Out of all of the basic releases of this casting, this one is my favorite. I really love all of the details that were applied to this model. This release overall, appears to take inspiration from an actual Jegs Dodge Challenger drag car. 

The sides of this model are where most of the details are. Like the Challenger this appears to be based on, it too has lots of extra sponsor decals placed over a wide black stripe on the lower half of it's sides. This detail alone, is what I like the most about this release. If you've read some of my older reviews, then you'd know that I love race themed Hot Wheels with extra sponsor decals. in my opinion, having them makes the livery look more complete. Now it may not have all of the sponsors seen on the real car, but I'm happy with what brands Hot Wheels is able to legally use. 

The "Jegs" decal was placed directly above the extra sponsor decals. It's too bad they didn't use the "Jegs.com" decal, as that would've made it look even closer to the Challenger this appears to be based on. However, I can understand them not using it if there's some kind of legal reason. Also placed above the extra sponsor decals, is the SRT Demon logo. The last detail on it's sides, is the exact stripe that's seen on the real Jegs Challenger drag car.

The top of this model features stripes that start on the hood and finish on the trunk. I do wish the stripes were also added to the front and rear bumper. Of course this is something I can ignore. After all, this is a $1 mainline and not a premium. The "SRT" decal was placed on the scoop section of the "Air-Grabber" hood.

Black Hot Wheels 5SPs were used for this release's wheels. This wheel choice is absolutely fine by me, since the Jegs Challenger also uses black five spoke wheels.



Up next is the recolor of the Datsun Bluebird Wagon (510) that's apart of this year's Hot Wheels Speed Graphics mainline set. I honestly thought I was never going to see this one. Like most of my Hot Wheels purchases, there is a specific reason as to why I really wanted this recolor.

As you all know, this year's MOMO themed 510 Wagon features the same design that was given to the 2019 Nightburnerz '71 Datsun 510. That release also ended up getting a Kmart exclusive recolor. Sadly, I was unable to acquire that release. Thankfully I would have another chance at having a 510 with the Kmart colored theme. And to be honest, I actually think this looks better than the 2019 510. The biggest reason has to do with the additional "Kaido House" and "JNC" decals. I also like how the red stripe on this one is in-between the yellow stripes.

The Hot Wheels DD8 wheels were once again used for this release. I have no issue with this, especially since the 2019 510 Kmart color had them as well. The only difference with these is with the outer rim color, which is yellow. Another feature that's the same as the 2019 Kmart color, is the red interior. 

There is one more aspect that makes me like this version more than the 2019 510. And it has to do with the casting itself. Unlike the '71 510, this 510 wagon's splitter is apart of it's base. This ultimately makes it so this casting can feature a colored splitter that goes along with the design without having to receive a tampo coating. So with this release, I really like the choice to make the base/splitter red.


The last vehicle being featured today, is the recolor of the '91 GMC Syclone that's apart of this year's Hot Wheels Hot Trucks mainline set. Although this casting's real life counterpart was only available in black, I really like how it looks finished in red. I also like how the Hot Wheels RA6 wheels were once again used for this release. Based on the real life counterpart's wheels, these basic wheels are the best possible choice for this casting.

The tampo details received a recolor as well, and I love the color they chose. The "Syclone" decals as well as the "GMC Truck" decal on the rear, are now silver. The only thing that's keeping me from giving these first two releases a solid ten, is the lack of front end tampo details.

I also have another gripe with this particular release. Due to the design of this casting, the base fills in the center section of the rear. My issue is with the base's color, which is black. I don't know how you feel about the center of the rear being a different color, but I would've preferred for the base to be red. But alas, this is something that I can ignore.




If you were to ask me which one of these three I liked the most, I'd have to pick the Challenger SRT Demon. I just can't get over how awesome it looks with all the extra sponsor decals. Now yes, the Challenger might be my favorite, but that doesn't mean I don't cherish the other two as well.

So readers, how did you feel about 2020 case N? I know for a fact that it was one of the better cases this year. Or maybe that's just me. Feel free to let me know your thoughts down in the comments section. Okay, that's all for today's review. Until next time, happy diecast collecting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment