Saturday, August 29, 2020

Today on the Bouolevard: Three More Macthbox Superfast

Welcome diecast collectors, to another edition of Today on the Boulevard! I was finally able to get my hands on three more Matchbox Superfast Anniversary vehicles. The hunt for these has been very difficult, and I'm glad that I was finally able to check a few more off my want list. So without further ado, let's speed right into today's feature.

I'm going to start things off right, with the one that was the hardest to find. The model in question, is the '59 Volkswagen Microbus. To be honest, I really thought I was never going to find this particular release at retail. There are a couple of reasons, as to why I wanted this VW Bus. The main reason has to do with the fact that, my garage as a whole, is seriously lacking in VW Buses. Another reason I wanted this one, is due to it featuring opening doors, which are on the other side of this casting.

Just like the first release of this casting, this too features a two tone paint job. Black over white, was not a bad design choice either. Additionally, the lower half of this Bus being white, created a perfect canvas for the design that's featured on it's sides. The Matchbox designers created a design pattern, that is very befitting of this VW. And it's great how they made it span across the entire side of this Bus. I also like the extra designs that were added. Featured on it's sides, before the rear wheels, is the peace logo and some flowers. The sides also have some extra tampo details that I like. It's door handle was coated in silver, and the words ''Volkswagen'' are above the main design pattern.

The front and rear of this Microbus, received some great tampo details as well. The front features a silver tampo for the VW badge, as well as lights. The rear features taillights and the words ''Volkswagen.'' However... that's not all. The rear also features the flowers from the sides. There are two more things that I like about this release. It's interior color is the first of those things. I really like how this particular VW Bus looks with a beige interior. The last thing that I like, are the steel wheels. I like the fact that Matchbox gave this second release different wheels than the first Superfast one.




The next one for this post, is the '18 Range Rover Vogue SE. Like all the current Matchbox vehicles with moving parts, this too is a great casting to have. With this one, I now have all three of this casting's current releases. Like the first two, this one also features a great color. In fact, I like how Matchbox decided to use a brighter color for this release. The first one, was a blue that was on the darker side of the color spectrum, and the second one was black. That is why this release's color, is the main aspect that I like.

Another thing that's great about this release, is how it features all the extra little tampo details that were used on the first two releases. It's sides, continue to feature silver side vents. The front and rear of this model, continue to receive accurate details, which includes all the would-be Range Rover badges. Matchbox may be lacking in the number of premium wheels at their disposal, but I do like how this casting looks with these wheels. As such, I have no issue with them being the same as the initial blue release. The interior color for this release is beige, which is great, since it livens up the interior.




The mighty 2006 Ford Crown Victoria Police car, was the last one that I found. This is one casting that I needed to have in my garage. I mean... who wouldn't want a diecast collectible Crown Vic police car. Between Mattel's two toy car brands, Matchbox always nails it with their police cars. What I like about this particular release, is how it's a replica of the actual cars that are used by the Texas highway patrol. I love that Mattel and their Matchbox brand, are able to use real life police department liveries for their 1:64 scale police car releases.

With this casting itself, there are a few other features that I like. The main feature that I like, has to do with how this casting's body was designed. The headlights, as well as the light bar, are apart of the windshield plastic. This gives this model very realistic looking light features. Like the other vehicles featured in this post, this too has moving parts. The moving parts on this model, are it's rear doors. The only gripe I have with this release, is that it doesn't have tampo details on it's rear. Other than that, this is a really good model to have, especially if you like collecting police cars.




All in all, these Superfast assortments continue to deliver fantastic diecast models. I hope to see many more Superfast assortments in the future. Well that's all I got for today. The hunt continues for the other Superfast cars that are on my want list. Like always, if I find them, I will post about them. Feel free to let me know your opinion on the models that were featured today. Okay collectors, until next time, happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment