Sunday, August 23, 2020

Hot Wheels Case J Finds

Okay readers, welcome to another diecast feature. Today I'm going to be sharing some of my recent 2020 Hot Wheels case J finds. Had I found everything that I was looking for, this would've been a looking at post. I'm unfortunately still missing a few cars from this case. Despite this, I'm happy with what I have found. So let's get things started.

There are always a few questions that come to mind, when I think about an exotic car. What makes an exotic car an exotic car? Is it their exteriors, that are flawless works of art? Is it the flashy exterior colors? Or is it simply due to them having their engines in the rear? Well in the case of the 2020 Hot Wheels case J HW Exotics McLaren P1, it's all of the above.

This P1 release was finished in a stunning teal, that appears to have gold flakes in it. This paint alone, turned this release into an absolute jaw dropper of a model. If you're new to the boulevard, then you should know that I love exotic cars with brightly colored exteriors. Bright colors like the one on this P1, help to make the exteriors of exotic cars stand out even more, which in my opinion, is a good thing. For this release's wheels, the Hot Wheels design team decided to use their PR5s finished in grey, which is a great wheel color for this teal colored P1.


The next case J car, is the Jaguar XE SV Project 8. This one is apart of the 2020 Nightburnerz mainline set. This release has two main aspects that I like, and I also feel they make this a fantastic release to have. The paint that was used, is the first of those things. This XE SV Project 8, was finished in a magnificent dark metal flake green. Dark colored flake paints, always look great under a light, and that's especially true for the dark green that was used on this release. Though not exact to Jaguar's British racing green metallic, I do like how this is another mainline release, that features a color similar to the ones that are seen on the real car. The wheels are the second feature that I like. For this release, Hot Wheels decided to use their TRAP5s finished in black, which is great since the real car has black wheels. Replication aside, black wheels will always work on a dark green car.


I was finally able to get my hands on the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento from case J. This release also has a Super Treasure Hunt version, which I suspect most might've wanted. But you know me, I never make these a priority. The only other Sesto Elemento that I had before this release, was the black and yellow one from the 2017 Lamborghini Walmart set. As such, I'm really glad to finally have another one in my garage.

I really like the color scheme that Hot Wheels chose for this release. Light blue and orange, are a flawless color combination for this car. When I first saw pictures of this regular release, I thought the blue was gloss. Unbeknownst to me, was that it wasn't. I would describe this paint as being pearlescent. When a light is shined on it, this paint has the same effect as the pearl white that Hot Wheels uses.

For this regular release's wheels, Hot Wheels went with their RA6 wheels finished in a chrome orange. I don't know about you, but I personally feel that this is one of the best mainline wheels for a Hot Wheels exotic car. The last thing that  is great about this release, is it's interior, which is orange. This for me, gives this model a true exotic look.


The next car being shown today, is the '20 Jeep Gladiator. In recent times, Hot Wheels has given us collector a few new Jeep castings. In 2018, we got the awesome '17 Jeep Wrangler, and one year later, we got the '67 Jeepster Commando. There was also the Jeep DJ-Express that was released in the Hot Wheels id line. It's great to see this vehicle manufacturer getting some love, and I hope it continues. I mean... Jeep's vehicles do make for some great looking diecast models models, and I feel Mattel's brands do a good job re-creating them in 1:64 scale.

I like how Hot Wheels decided to make this first release plain. If your new to the boulevard, then you should know that I like to have at least one plain release of every model that I like. Aside from being plain, I also like how it was finished in red, which is a great looking color for this initial release. I would go as far as to say, that this model's color choice, is based off of Jeep's firecracker red.

This casting also has two body features that I feel, make it a great looking model. The first of those features, are the side rear view mirrors. As I've mention in a past post, I'm glad to see more Hot Wheels castings being designed with them, as it adds realism to the model. The second feature, has to do with the back half. As a adult collector, I love how this casting was designed with dirt bikes, but I also feel a child collector would love this feature as well. Features like this, make the model more exciting.


Speeding onto the boulevard next, is the Honda S2000. In my book, this casting will never get old. This is because I still really like tuner cars with body kits. For the most part, I have loved every single release of this Hot Wheels casting. And that's especially true for this release. I still remember how excited I was when I found the very first release of this casting back in 2011.

I really like how this release is finished in yellow. Some cars just look better finished in a certain color, and this is one of them. It's similar to how Ferrari's vehicles will always look good in red. Of course I may be the only one that feels this way about a yellow S2K. There is however, one simple reason as to why I have this opinion. A long time ago, my parents took their vehicle in for some maintenance. Up the street from this shop, was another automotive shop. Parked outside of this shop, was a beautifully modified yellow S2K. After seeing this car, yellow became my favorite color for it.

This release also has some other aspects that are cool, and one of those are the wheels. I like how this model features the Hot Wheels Aero Disk wheels finished in white. In terms of custom wheel colors, white wheels are one of the many colors that go nicely with yellow cars. In general, I like seeing these older castings with the newest Hot Wheels wheels.

Though simple, the design that was given to this model is nice. Starting on it's fenders and ending on the back half of the doors, is a black scallop design. Just after it, is another one that's white. There is an additional scallop like design on the back half of the door. This one is upside down. Over the fender section of the design, the Hot Wheels decal was applied in white. I also like how this release features the Greddy decal.


Alright... the last car for this post, is the recolor of the '16 Lamborghini Centenario Roadster. There's just no denying how excellent Lamborghini's cars look. And I'm happy that Hot Wheels still has the legal okay to use their brand. This legal okay, continues to give us diecast collectors some great looking Hot Wheels models, that never disappoint.

This model was given a white and red color scheme, which is based off of an actual Centenario Roadster. It's always nice to see Hot Wheels with color schemes, that were/are available on the real life counterpart. This even includes the black wheels, which for this re-release, are the Hot Wheels PR5s. These also add some realism to this model, since the wheels on the real car, are also five spoke.

Since the first release was silver, and this release is white, I would love to see this casting finished with some of the other great colors seen on various Lamborghini models. In my opinion, this casting deserves a bright color, which would spice things up with this model. I don't know about you, but I know for a fact, that this Hot Wheels casting would look great with Lamborghini's Verde Ithaca.


So racers, were you able to get everything you wanted from this case? If so, which one is your favorite? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments. Okay everyone, back to racing! Until next time, thanks for reading and happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment