Saturday, June 13, 2020

Looking at: Two More 2020 G Case Cars

It's once again time, to take a look at another set of diecast cars, that have been checked off my want list. Like the title states, I was able to find two more cars from the 2020 Hot Wheels G case mix. Though I'm not finding a lot, I'm glad that I have been able to chip away at my mainline want list by visiting one local store.

Sitting on the front of the pegs, was the '42 Willys MB Jeep. This is a completely new addition to my collection. And I love that it was painted with a nice shade of blue. Based off of the rear wheels, as well as the other features, this drag Jeep appears to be modified for sand drag racing. I absolutely love when Hot Wheels releases drag race vehicles. Especially, when they have features like zoomie style headers. I also like the overall proportions of the supercharger and bug catcher scoop. Aside from those features, this release also has a nicely designed multi-colored tear graphic. It's also great to see that the tears, were added to the top as well. Being a sand drag race themed casting, it's awesome to see sponsor decals added.



Two pegs up, behind another car, was the '89 Porsche 944 Turbo. This one became my favorite, after I first saw pictures of it. And I was not disappointed, after pulling it from the pegs. Despite how cool the red release is, I personally think this metallic gold one is much better. The black and chrome PR5s, are another aspect that made me want this one. For me, this body/wheel color scheme, is just as cool as a blue car with gold wheels. In my opinion, this is one of those Hot Wheels castings, that looks perfect without a design. So I'm curious to see, what they do with this car next. What I hope, is that we get a few more plain releases, that are finished with nice paints like this.


I feel, that these two weren't a bad find, and it's always better to find something rather than nothing. As usual, if you have an opinion on any of these models, feel free to let me know down in the comments. Alright, that's all for Today on the Boulevard. Happy diecast collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment