Friday, June 26, 2020

Looking at: Few More 2020 Hot Wheels G Case Pick Ups

It's once again time, to take a look at another set of diecast cars, that have been checked off my want list. Like the title states, I was able to find a few more 2020 Hot Wheels G case cars. So skipping all the small talk, let's jump right into what I got.

The '87 Dodge D100, is the main one that I was really happy to finally find. After seeing pictures of it, I just knew right away, that this was a must for me. I have been in love with this casting ever since it was first released, and I'm glad to see it used once again. One of the reasons that I really wanted this release, was due to it having the relatively new BAJA5 wheels. I love how they look on this truck! However, it wasn't just the wheels that made me want this one.

One things for sure, it's nice to see that Hot Wheels still has the legal okay to use the K&N name. This allowed them to make this awesome livery. One aspect that I like, is how the orange from K&N's logo, was used for the overall body color. I also like how the older Hot Wheels logo was used for this design. And it's cool how they made it look like one of the main sponsors for this truck, by making it bigger than the usual Hot Wheels logo size. Like this truck, this was the logo that they used on their packs back in 1987. As such, I find it very fitting.


The next car, is the recolor of the '76 Greenwood Corvette. At first, I wasn't going to get this release, but one sponsor decal change my mind. And that decal is Michelin. The gold release, had this decal as well, but it was within the stripe, and the Hot Wheels logo was above it. Despite the Michelin name being smaller, I like how this decal features the Michelin Man. For me, it's cool when race cars have this character featured with the decal. Now that I have it, I'm actually starting to like the color scheme just as much as the initial gold release. In all honesty, the only thing I would change, are the wheels. If I was more into wheel swapping, then I would probably swap to a pair of lace wheels. I feel that lace wheels, would ultimately complete the look of this release. 


The Bone Shaker is up next, and like the Greenwood, there's a specific reason as to why I got it. As much as I like this hot rod from Hot Wheels, I don't pick up every single release of it. With that said, the reason that I got this one, was due to it's paint. In case you didn't know, I really like when Hot Wheels are finished with matte colors. And as soon as I picked it up, I instantly fell in love with this shade of matte maroon. After drooling over the color, I also came to like the design on it as well. I do like the various skull designs, that the Hot Wheels designers come up with for this car.


The last car that I picked up, is the recolor of the '85 Honda City Turbo II. Although I still like the silver release more, I can't deny how cool this color scheme is. In my opinion, it's not an easy task, to make a nice looking car with these colors. However, I feel that Hot Wheels did a good job pulling it off. The white stripe, was a nice addition to the overall theme as well. Contributing to the reason that I got this one, is how they chose to make the Aero Disk wheels, match the color of the lower stripe. On the silver one, the lower stripe is black, and the wheels are gold.


The struggle has been real, with trying to complete my want list from this case. But as they say ''Slow and steady wins the race.'' So I'm ultimately okay with how slow each car is being checked off the list. So readers, feel free to let me know down in the comments, what your thoughts are on these cars. Alright, that's all for Today on the Boulevard. Until next time, happy diecast collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment