Monday, February 17, 2020

Looking at: Hot Wheels 2020 E case

After a evening run to Target, I was able to complete my want list for 2020 E case. So as the slogan goes, ''Target run and done.'' Skipping any further small talk, let's jump right in on my thoughts for this case.

Undoubtedly the star of the show for E case, is the brand new S13 Silvia. When I saw the first pictures of this on Instagram, I almost spit my cereal out. Usually with a first release, I prefer for it to be plain, but the KW Suspension theme is perfect. Perfect as in it's ready to go drifting. The car also has extra decals like Greddy, and Fifteen52. I love the extra features this castings body has. The roof wing and ducktail spoiler, add spice to the S13 without going overboard with body mods. I mean, it just doesn't get any better than this! I can't wait to see what else the Hot Wheels design team does with this car.


The next car off my list, is the '88 Honda CRX. As usual, the Super wasn't a priority, as I just wanted the regular. The cool thing about this versions color scheme is, it goes with the Odyssey and City Turbo, that also used these colors. Going against the norm, I think I like the look of these wheels, with this design, better than the four spoke wheels the Super has.


Silently rolling onto the boulevard next, is this Tesla Model 3. Just like the first two colors, this color is based off of an available color for the real car. Now all we need is a blue, a silver, and a black release. Turbine wheels, are one of wheel options available for the real model 3. And they just so happen to be ten spoke, like the wheels on this release.  


As I've mentioned in a past post, I love black on certain vehicles, and this is one of them. I also love the front and rear tampo details. No extra stripes or side graphics were needed to make this a perfect release.


It's not often that I get the regular Treasure Hunts, but there was no way I was going to pass up on a  Arkham Asylum Batmobile. I already have several different releases of this particular Batmobile, but the color on this one is neat. It's also a change of pace from the various black releases.


I first saw the Mod Rod for this year in a 9 pack. At the time, I thought it was going to be exclusive to the multi packs. Thankfully though, it wasn't. This is now my number one favorite release of this casting. Everything about this release just works. From the metal flake red paint, to the scallop design on the sides, it all combines perfectly. Though a fantasy casting of a modern hot rod, it has all the looks of a custom rod from the '50s.


The Custom Cadillac Fleetwood is finally back in the mainline. Personally, the first release in black will always be the best, but this release is not too bad. I love this combination of metal flake midnight green and olive. The Hot Wheels design team has done this car justice with the pin striping detail on the top and sides of this release. I hope this car is used more in the future, as there are a lot of color schemes they could use. One such color scheme could be, cream and brown with orange wheels.




The tampo detail on the sides of this '49 Ford F1, are implying that this is a hot rod and customs shop truck. I love all the cool shop names the Hot Wheels design team comes up with, as they make for good classic truck releases like this. The Aero Disc, to this day continue to look good on any vehicle. And that includes this F1. All in all, this is another solid Hot Wheels release.


One of the most iconic racing liveries, is non other than Gulf Racing. As with the Advan livery, the Gulf livery looks good on any diecast car. It especially looks good on this '65 Mustang, since the casting was designed as a racer. I do like the fact, that a racing number was added for this Speed Graphics release. Having it, further completes the race look.


Sad to say, but the only thing I know about Formula E, is that the cars are all electric. Looking back, I never really got into Formula racing. Despite this, I wasn't going to pass up on this cool diecast race car. Especially when Mattel went and got the legal OK to use decals like ABB, Julius Baer, DHL, and Michelin Tires. After doing some digging, the real name of this car is called the Spark SRT05E. Overall, this is a very well done diecast release from Hot Wheels.


For me, the Audi RS 5 Coupe from this case is absolutely perfect for a few reasons. First, it's blue, and you know how I feel about blue. But on a more serious note, the wheels are the other reason I like it. The funny thing is, Audi used wheels that look exactly like these on their S5. When 1:64 scale diecast cars have features like this, I feel it brings them to life. So long story short, this is now my number one favorite release of this casting.


The next car I got off my list, is the circle Tracker. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but there are two card versions of this release. As you can see, one has a Mattel 75 emblem, while the other one doesn't. The other neat thing about this release, are the fine details. Each one of those tiny words on the sides, are the various Mattel toy brands.


Well that's a wrap for this case. Do you have any favorites? Feel free to post a comment letting me know. Thanks for stopping by the boulevard, happy collecting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment