Sunday, February 9, 2020

Looking at: Fast and Furious Fast Tuners

So far, I've been enjoying the premium F&F assortments, from Hot Wheels. The biggest reason for that, is that brand new cars are making their debut. But first let me state, there are plenty of sites that go into detail about which scene these cars appear in and what not. So on the boulevard, I'm going to talk about my opinion on each car. So with that said, let's jump right into this assortment. Starting things off first, is the brand new Honda Civic EG. Never has there been a better time to say ''VTEC yo!''. And I don't have to tell you that, just about every Honda guy/girl, likes this hatch. I won't lie, this will always be my number one favorite EG from Hot Wheels, assuming they do more. And no, it's not because it's from The Fast and Furious, it's because it's yellow. I have always liked how yellow looked on this Civic. Especially, with carbon fiber features like, the hood and trunk. Then finished off with black wheels. Over all, this release is the poster child, for how a clean modified Civic should look. 


The past few years have been good to collectors that like the WRX. First we got the bugeye, then the 22B in the mainline, and now we got the 2016 WRX. I feel without this assortment, we may not have gotten this, as a Hot Wheels. Back in the day, when folks styled their Integras to look like the Type R, I remember seeing one that was white with white wheels. Ever since then, that became one of my favorite body/wheel color schemes. So it's a delight to have Mr. Little Nobody's WRX.


Aside from getting new releases, we're also getting some of the other cars, and designs featured in the various movies. I think you'll remember this RX7. If not, then I'll tell you, it's the one driven by Julius in 2 Fast 2 Furious. He was seen racing it, in that famous scene with Brian's R34.


Even though these releases from Hot Wheels, don't have all the decals like the real cars, I can appreciate the tampo work that's done to them. Take this RX7 for example, it has Julius's Florida plate. I love when diecast cars have a license plate, as it adds realism. But that's not all, this release has decals like, Street Glow and Sparco.


Remember that race scene in Fast and Furious 4, this was seen lined up next to Brian in his blue R34. Unfortunately, it ends up getting wrecked. This is another car with a design, that hasn't been used before. Now with the wheels, this is the one time I think they look better than the ones used on the real car. Or maybe I just like the look of TE37 styled wheels too much (LOL).


Just like Julius's RX7, this S14 has a license plate. I have to admit, the tampo details on this release are fantastic. This is why for me, the premium F&F assortments from Hot Wheels, are shaping up to be better than the basic assortments.


Okay, onto David Park's S15 Silvia. As much as I love this S15 casting from Hot Wheels, it would've been nice to get another new casting. One styled with the body kits from the movie. But maybe that's just me, since I still like cars modified with kits. Despite not looking like the one in the movie, it's still a very much appreciated addition to my collection of S15s. At the end of the day, it's still a clean S15 Silvia. I still can't decided which one is my number one favorite. It's between the white one from Street Tuners or this one. But I'm leaning more towards this grey one.


Well that's all from this assortment, do you have any favorites? If so, feel free to leave a comment letting me know. As usual, thanks for visiting the boulevard, happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment