Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Looking at: Matchbox T Case

Yesterday I was able to get the rest of the cars off my want list from Matchbox T case. So as promised, here is the post I mentioned. I have to start out with the '33 Ford Coupe. The first thing to notice about this release is how it's built to race. The modifications to this '33 ford include a fender removal, a track nose, and a chop top. Unlike a Hot Wheels hot rod with show car like tampo detail, the detail on this implies this rod has seen some action. The flat paint and worn out styled tampo design, give the car a barn find look, but a nice barn find. One that still runs like new. I also like how the car isn't blown (supercharged) like a lot of Hot Wheels released hot rods.


This Mercedes Benz AMG GT 63, which is new for 2020, is just as good as the A Class that came out last year from Hot Wheels. However, I do wish that Matchbox had more wheels to use. Black lace wheels might've looked nice with the pearl white paint this has. As usual though, I'll overlook the wheels. So far for 2020, after the Alfa Romeo, this is my second favorite Matchbox 4door. Matchbox also did a good job with the front end tampo detail.



The last time we collectors got a '40s car from Mattel, was in 2019 with the Ford Super De Luxe from the Entertainment assortment. I can't tell you how much I like vintage cars, they just aren't made like this anymore. So I was excited to get the '41 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe from Matchbox. First I love the interior exterior color scheme. I also love the chrome tampo details it has on it's fenders. These wheels are perfect for this, they give the car a period correct feel. I can't wait to see what else Matchbox does with this car in the future.


Next is the 2010 Porsche Panamera. I always liked this Panamera over the Hot Wheels one. I just never liked the spoiler that the Hot Wheels casting has. Just like with GT 63, I do wish they had more wheels to use. But that's just a small gripe, as I love the metal flake color on this release. Overall this is a welcomed addition to my Porsche collection.


This next car is the '69 BMW 2002, and is now my favorite Matchbox release of it. Why? It's simply because it's blue, my all time favorite color. It's also another perfect example of why I like Matchbox. I know I say that a lot, but it's nice to have a non race BMW 2002 in the garage. Not to dog on the Hot Wheels casting, because their racing version of this is awesome. These wheels look exactly like the OEM wheels for the real car. As such, they give this 2002 a fresh off the showroom look. 


Next up is the Volkswagen GOLF MK 1, which is new for 2020. I love this hue of orange paint, as well as the rabbit design it has. This car was marketed as the Volkswagen Rabbit in the United States, so the design is fitting. Side rear view mirrors are always a welcomed sight, as they add realism. Overall Matchbox did a good job with the design of this casting. Just like the '41 Cadillac, I can't wait to see what the future holds for this release.


Last but not least off my list, is this Subaru Sambar. I just love this little Kei truck. Kei cars are trucks are a category of vehicle in Japan. Due to being a mini truck, it's fantastic that Matchbox made it smaller than their usual castings. This is definitely a casting that I will continue to collect.


So do you have any favorites from this case? Feel free to leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by the boulevard, happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment