Saturday, December 21, 2019

Looking At: Matchbox Ford Mustang set

Six more horses have been added to the stables with this fantastic set from Matchbox. I pieced this set together like piecing together a meal from the dollar menu. I had to go to so many different Walmart locations just to get the whole set. That's why I didn't do a heads-up post. So first up, ''California Made it Happen!'', with this California special '68 Mustang. Matchbox did a fantastic job with this release. The car has the GT/CS stripe and a California Special  tampo on the quarter panel. Plus the car is blue, metal flake blue that is.


Pulling into the stables next, is the '65 Mustang. White with gold stripes is another stellar paint scheme for a classic mustang. Although I do like the '65 Mustang from Mattel's other brand, it's nice to have a fastback '65 that's not set up for racing. This one is the perfect example of fresh off the showroom. It's why I like Matchbox.



Roaring into the stables is another '68 Mustang. I have always had a soft spot for this casting from Matchbox. Just look at it, it's absolutely menacing, and this is the perfect color for this customization. Adding to the menacing appearance, is the skull and crossbones tampo on the hood. I also like the mud splatter tampo detail.



Okay rolling in next, is the '18 Ford Mustang Convertible. A maroon exterior with a beige interior, in my opinion, is a awesome color combo for a convertible car. This release is completed with head and tail light tampos. And that's all it needs.


After green with black wheels, I like green with gold wheels. So with that in mind, the next car is the '19 Ford Mustang Coupe. This one seemed to get left on the pegs. I don't know why, it has a fantastic color. But maybe it's because I like green on Mustangs, especially this hue of green. Just like the '18 Mustang, this one also has head and tail light tampos.


You can't have a diecast collection without at least having one police car. So when I feel like getting another police car in my 1:64 diecast collection, I look to Matchbox first. Police cars from this brand just have that feel. No extra stripe designs, or custom looking wheels, just a plain and simple police vehicle. So this last car from this set is a joy to have.


Overall this is a great set from Matchbox, and I hope to see more manufacturer sets like this in the future.

Okay thanks for stopping by the boulevard, happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment