Friday, December 20, 2019

Looking At: Hot Wheels 2020 D case

I've been busy setting up decorations for Christmas, so I haven't done much hunting as of late. That's why there's no on the hunt post. I did however manage to find some Hot Wheels 2020 D case in a bin at a Walmart. I don't know when these came out since the bin also had older cars. As such, I didn't do a heads-up. Plus the other Walmart's I checked didn't have any new Hot Wheels at all. I'll start with the '16 Bugatti Chiron. There are some cars that are just meant to be a certain color. In my opinion, black is the perfect color for a Bugatti. And to spice things up, it's metal flake black. I absolutely love metal flake black! Although this is the second release of this car, I think this will permanently be my number one favorite.


Most collectors wont be happy until they find the Super of the Porsche 918 Spyder, but for me I'm happy. I've said this before and I'll say it again, I like bright colors on exotics. Unless it's a car from Bugatti or Bentley. This Porsche 918 has everything I like, from being my favorite color, to having mesh wheels. BBS style mesh wheels for the win. I also like the exhaust tampo detail as seen in picture two. Without this detail, the car just wouldn't look right. If I do ever find the Super, I will post about it.



This next one may be the same casting as the first release of the A110, but it has the Cup name for a reason. If you take a look at the livery, this is the racing version of the A110. This car is currently racing in a one make series known as the Alpine Europa Cup. This casting does appear to be a replica of the A110 that Alpine unveiled for the Cup. The only thing off is the roof, which is supposed to be black. I do hope there are more race inspired A110 releases from Hot Wheels, maybe a future Team Transport release. Fingers crossed!


Up next is the stunning Aston Martin Vulcan. I can't decide which one of the two releases so far are my favorite. Both the first release and this one are based on actual colors. This one however has the real life stripe design, which is a nice touch. For a 1:64 scale diecast, I have to say Hot Wheels did a good job with this casting.


Next is the 2018 Civic Type R, this is my favorite release of this so far. The real life Type R in black has a red stripe that runs along the lower half of the car. So I like that Hot Wheels chose to make the base red for this release. For once, black wheels with a colored lip is accurate. The real life wheels for this car have a red pin stripe. In my opinion, black makes this car look so much meaner, in a good way.


This next one, is the one Tooned car from Hot Wheels that I will collect just for the novelty of it. It's a chibi version of the Mad Manga Bosozoku car from Hot Wheels. Chibi is a Japanese slang word describing something small. Uh-oh someone watches too much anime (LOL!). I'm looking forward to all the future releases of this casting.


Giddy up! Next is the 2018 Ford Mustang. This release is a welcomed addition to my mini Borla Exhaust collection. I like the added little Ford Performance and Toyo Tires decals on the side of the rear bumper. I missed out on the Target Red Edition of the Borla Mustang, so it's a delight to have this one, which I think I like better.


Next is the Urban Outlaw themed Mazda REPU. I think my favorite aspects of this release are the Fifteen52 decal and the color. I'm still on the fence about the Urban Outlaw theme, but it's growing on me.


I didn't get the first release of the Ford Ranger Raptor. I just didn't like the design on it, but as you can see I like this one. I feel this would be a perfect off road racing livery, it just needs a few more decal sponsors. Something like a tire sponsor for example. But overall, for me this design is much better than the first one.


Next is the Hot Wheels Rip Rod. I don't normally get this casting, but when I found it, there was something about it I liked. I think the overall color scheme and the deep dish steelies are what drew me to it.


The good thing about motorcycles, is that just about any fantasy design for one can be built into a real life bike. This is why I collect the Hot Wheels Street Stealth. So of course I was going to get the newest release, especially since it's blue. I do wish Hot Wheels could've made the wheels colored like the picture. This is not a big deal though, since I really like this casting. 


Last but not least is the '49 Volkswagen Beetle Pickup. As much as I liked the first release, I like this one better. And no it's not just because it has the Moon Eyes design. I like it for the fact that it has a real world company design giving it that shop truck feel.


So that's a wrap on the 2020 D case assortment from Hot Wheels. You might be thinking, but Diecast Blvd what about the Super and regular Treasure hunt? Remember I don't make Supers or store exclusives a priority. So do you have any favorites from this case? Feel free to leave a comment.

Thanks for stopping by the boulevard, happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment