Sunday, November 3, 2019

GameStop haul & more

I was not going to attend the GameStop event due to my experience with the last event at Kmart. Also based on the reviews I saw, people who ordered cases online got tampered with boxes. So the whole thing turned me away from this event. I decided to check other stores instead. My first stop was Target. I did not find anything there, so I moved on. My second stop was Walmart, again nothing. At this point, I decided that maybe I should check out the GameStop event, just for the fun of it. I arrived around 10:30. So the event was well under way. I was not expecting to get anything. To my surprise, I got all the colors that I wanted and more. 


I actually like this recolor of the Charger Daytona better than the black release. With the first release I felt the blue for the flames was way too bright of a hue on the black paint. I would of preferred for it to have chrome wheels though.


 

This Nova has to be one of the coolest that I've seen in a long time. The P-40 Warhawk style shark jaw over a camouflage background is just stunning. The deep dish steelies are an excellent choice of wheel for this look.



This was exciting, because again, I thought I wouldn't get anything. I didn't stick around long though, because I wanted to go to other stores. So moving on, I went to another Walmart. I lucked out with this stop, as I was able to get two more Fast and Furious Fast Rewind cars.


There is a GameStop in the same parking lot. So I thought, "I should check just in case." I have to say that I was shocked to find out that all the GameStops were doing the event. The list only showed two hosting the event near me. So I was a little bothered by this as I was near a GameStop at the Target I stopped at first thing in the morning. I might of been first to a box, since there was no one waiting. Thankfully though, I manage to find the Porsche 944 Turbo. This location got three boxes.


At this point I was excited at the possibility that I might be able to find more at other locations. So away I went. The next stop I was a little late, as there was another collector looking through the two boxes they had. So there was nothing left when it was my turn. I decided to hurry along to the next location. That was a smart move, because I was able to get these.




This store only got one box. I think I was the first collector to get to this box, as I was told that only one car had been sold. Why not keep going I thought, so on to the next store I went. Unfortunately there was only one box again, and it was already picked over, so I left. The next GameStop I went to was worse, so I won't mention anything else about it. The next stop was a two piece meal. First I went to GameStop, and was finally able to score a 22B Impreza.


I was so excited, because there was another collector there that got some stuff, but not everything. So finishing up I went to the Target that's in the same lot. The second half of the two piece meal that I scored were these.


I was finally able to get the last Car Culture Desert Rally that I was looking for. This is one rad Bug, and I really like the color scheme. I wanted to get this Yellow Sub, because of the mouth tampo. I currently have an American carded, international carded, and a 50th Anniversary carded Yellow Sub. So I wanted to get this version to add to my fleet of Yellow Subs. At this point it was getting late in the day So I went to two more. Finally at the next one I was able to get the 2 Jet Z. I also got an extra Miata.


I honestly have to say, I don't see what the big deal is with the 2 Jet Z. I mean no offense to the Legends Tour winner, but it's not my cup of tea. The last GameStop was a little weird. I went in and asked, "Are you guys doing the Hot Wheels event?" I was told that they weren't doing it, but they did sell Hot Wheels. I then said, "Did you guys get any 36 pack cases?" I was told no. They then pulled out a big box with remnants saying,"That's all we have in stock." As I looked in I said, "Oh these are the event cars." There was no reply after that. After looking, and not finding anything, I said, "Have a nice evening" and left. My eyebrow stayed raised for at least 10 minutes after (lol). All in all, it was a really good decision to go check out GameStop. The staff for the most part, as well as other collectors, were ok. I was really hesitant on going, because Kmart was always a train wreck. So how was your GameStop experience? That's all for today, happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment