Sunday, August 7, 2022

My Want List: 2022 Hot Wheels Case "H" - Part 2

Hello, and welcome to the second part of my 2022 case "H" want list. Let me start by saying thank you to those of you that decided to come back to check out this second part. I really appreciate the support. Now then, I don't see a reason to make a long intro for this second part. So with that being said, let's go over the next six releases I checked off of my want list.

In 2018, the '17 Ford GT was released in two different colors, and one of them was a very beautiful light blue. Sadly, I never got around to getting it, and it's something I regret. Now, it's not like I didn't already have the first two blue releases of the casting. It's just both of them are finished in a dark version of blue, and I wanted to have one that was finished in a brighter version of my favorite color. So I figured I'd eventually have to try and get the 2018 release off of the secondary market. However, to my surprise, I'd have another chance at a light blue one this year. 


It's not the same blue that was used for the 2018 release, but it's definitely just as nice. In fact, I think it's the better of the two light blues. This release was also given stripes, and I like how they chose to make them black. In my opinion, black is one of the best colors to go with this particular blue. That's also why I'm pleased with their decision to give it black wheels.


If you have the first light blue release, then you might not be as excited as I am about this one, and I can totally understand why. There's actually been a few times where I haven't been that excited about a release because it was too similar to one I already had. But I think you should add this release to your collection anyway. For all we know, this could be the very last blue one with a simple stripe design.


Like many of you, I also love the look of older race cars. That's why I'm extremely pleased with this year's Retro Racers mainline series. And among the many great releases it has, the McLaren F1 GTR is the one that I was extremely happy to see. As you know, it's an older casting, and since they gave us the McLaren F1, I thought the were going to stop using the GTR. That's why I had a huge smile on my face when I found out they were going to give us one this year. And I became even happier when I found out we were going to get a second recolor. 


I might really like the Kroger exclusive release, but I have to say, this is one smokin' hot recolor. I especially love the paint they picked for its exterior. As you can see, it's a paint that has a lot of flake in it, and I think it looks absolutely stunning when a light is shined on it. 


As for the livery's color scheme, I have no complaints. In my opinion, they picked a fantastic mix of colors to go with metallic grey.


The 2022 HW Turbo mainline series has given us some awesome releases, and one of them was already talked about at the start of this post. Now, that release wasn't the only one that's available in case "H." The other one is the 2020 Jaguar F-Type, and I'm sure many of you have your sights on the Super Treasure Hunt version. But as usual, I had my sights set on trying to get the regular version. 


The debut release of this casting was finished in my favorite color, and that's why it's still my favorite release. But I can't deny how nice these later releases of it are, and black is definitely an okay color for it. I also think it's great how they chose to give it the cool looking J5 wheels. So this might not be the Super, but it's definitely a ten out of ten release. 


Although I'm pleased with this casting's current releases, I do have to admit that I'm hoping to eventually see some that are finished in colors that are a little more exciting. So if it was up to me, the next release would be finished in a color that's based on Jaguar's "Atacama Orange." In my opinion, that'd be a very cool release of this casting. But I'm sure you have you own thoughts on what color they should use next, so feel free to let me know down in the comments section.


Back in June, I published a My Want List post where I talked about the four releases I got from this year's Deutschland Design Car Culture assortment. And in that post, I made mention of how I was hoping to see the Audi trend continue. In other words, I was hoping to see even more diecast versions of Audi's vehicles. Well, Hot Wheels has given me exactly what I wanted in this case. Making its debut is the beautiful Audi RS E-Tron GT.


There's many releases that I have yet to see a real-life version of, but this isn't one of them. I ended up seeing one of these drive past me not too long after getting this release. And it was finished in a color that looked exactly like the one they used for this release. Seeing the real-life version of this release made me like it even more than I already did. 

I'd also like to mention that I'm extremely pleased with how they gave it front and rear tampo details. In my opinion, some of this car's good looking appearance comes from the shape of its lights. So I really appreciate them adding them to this release, and I hope they add them to all of its future releases too.


As for the wheels, I can understand why they'd choose the split 5-spoke wheels, but the real car's wheels have slanted spokes. So I would have picked the RA6 wheels instead, but I'm not going to complain because this casting looks just fine with the PR5s. 


The Porsche 917 LH made its debut back in 2018, and it was given the legendary Gulf livery. And I'm sure you all remember how there ended up being a second release of it that was finished in white. Well, the Hot Wheels designers have decided to do the same thing with this year's release of the '67 Ford GT40 MK.IV, and that has made it so Star Ghost has another race car to use.


The light blue Gulf releases might be the best ones, since that's the main color that was used for the real-life cars. But I do think the livery looks pretty good on a white car. So I'm glad they chose to give us this release.



Earlier this year, Hot Wheels wowed everyone with the release of the Mustang Mach E-1400. And to be honest, when I first saw pictures of it, I thought it was something they came up with. Of course, I was wrong. What I didn't know was that it was a replica of an awesome vehicle, and seeing the capabilities of the real one made me like the casting even more. So I definitely had to get the recolor of it that's available in this case.  


Red is definitely a great color for this vehicle, so I'm glad it was picked for this release. The only thing I don't really like is the livery's color scheme. Personally, the white release's livery features a better mix of colors. But I really only got this release because I wanted to have an example of this casting that's finished in red. So I can ignore the livery's color scheme.



Okay, those are the six releases that I picked for this second part. I can honestly say that this case not only met my expectations, it exceeded them. Sure, there are things I would have done differently with a few of the releases, but it's nothing major. Ultimately, there's no denying the fact that all of them are great releases. 

Now I just have to keep an eye out for the BMW R NineT Racer. That's right, that motorcycle is the one release I have yet to find. I have no idea how long it'll take me to find it, but when I do, I will definitely feature it in a post.

So, how do you feel about the releases that are available in this year's case"H?" Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for this multi-part edition of My Want List. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment