Thursday, March 31, 2022

Best On The Block: March 2022

It's the last day of March, so it's time to show six of the best releases that were featured in various post during the month.

#1: GT-Scorcher - 2022 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: You won't always see an unlicensed casting featured in the number one spot, but I feel this release deserved to be in it. Last year, I was hoping to see another release of this casting with a nice design, and I have to say, I'm very pleased with what I'm looking at. Now, it is worth mentioning that this release didn't just make it to this post. For the first time, an unlicensed casting has been added to one of the boulevard's auto museums. So that should tell you how much I like this release.

#2: '73 BMW 3.0 CSL Race Car - 2022 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: As you know, white and black were the two main colors used for the older releases of this race car. So I've been waiting to see one that's finished in a different color, and this release is exactly what I was hoping to see. That's why it had to take the number two spot.

#3: '59 Chevy Impala - 2022 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: I really don't think I have to explain why this release took the number three spot. So I won't. At the end of the day, I'm pretty sure we all feel the same way about it. And if not, then I guess I'm one of the few that thinks this is a ten out of ten release. 

#4: '87 Toyota Pickup Truck


Why I Picked It: There were two releases I absolutely had to have from the Toyota Car Culture assortment, and this was one of them. Now, it's not like I didn't already have a few releases of this casting prior to this one. It's just I've wanted to have a premium one ever since I saw how it looked with RR wheels. So I was overcome with joy when I got my hands on this one. 

#5: Ford Mustang Mach-E 1400 - 2022 Hot Wheels Mainline


Why I Picked It: At first, I didn't know what to make of this vehicle, but I came to appreciate it more after I found a video of it. And I have to say, this is one impressive electric vehicle. Now then, as for this casting, I think they did a fantastic job with its overall design. In my eyes, they were able to perfectly re-create its aerodynamic features in 1:64 scale. So I feel this had to be one of this month's best releases on the block.

#6: '84 Corvette - 2022 Hot Wheels Stars & Stripes


Why I Picked It: Sadly, we don't get too many releases of this Corvette, and that's why I don't have that many of them. So this was one of the releases I had to have from the latest Stars & Stripes assortment. But the casting itself isn't the main reason why I picked it for this post. Overall, its design isn't anything too flashy, but that's what I like about it. And if it featured some additional decals, then I would have said that it was an awesome looking race car. Although... I guess it technically is a race car, since it does feature a racing number. Anyway, I feel this release is cool enough to be featured in this post.

Okay, those are the six releases I picked for this month's edition of Best On The Block. Now that you know my favorites, go ahead and let me know down in the comments what your favorite releases were from this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment