Saturday, May 8, 2021

My Want List: 2021 Hot Wheels Case G - Part 2

Alright everyone, thanks for coming back to read part two of this review. Let me start by saying that most of what I wanted was covered in part one. So this second part isn't going to be as long. Now that I got that out of the way, let's begin.

The 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 is apart of this year's HW Torque mainline set, and it's the first car for this second half. Last year's mainline gave us two very nice color releases of this casting, and as you already know, one of them was a GameStop exclusive.

I really thought those first two were going to be the releases that I liked the most. Besides the colors that were used for them, they featured the exact stripe design that seen on the real car. Now that I have the third release, I can honestly say that I like it just as much.   


The Hot Wheels designers picked a great color for this release. Now some, if not all of you might prefer the Spectraflame color that was used for the Super, but I'm very happy with how this casting looks finished in the yellow that was used for this version.

The next thing I want to talk about, is the stripe design. I kind of knew the next release was going to have one, and thankfully, it's one that's nice. In fact, it's basically the same as the one that's seen on the first release. However, it has a few additional aspects. The first of those, is the extra stripe along it's sides. The next aspect, is the addition of a silver stripe that's above the extra side stripe, and next to the top stripes.


They did this release justice with the wheels they chose. As you can see, all black 10SPs were once again used for this casting. I know they aren't 7-spoke wheels, but I still tthink these are the best ones to use for this casting. I also like how they chose to make them black. In my opinion, yellow with a black stripe design, and black wheels, equals perfection. And this combination is what makes me love this release.



Okay, up next is a very nice release of the 2017 Camaro ZL1. This release is apart this year's Then and Now, which is still one of my favorite mainline set. This is because we end up getting a matching release of an older car. Now yes, I have seen the pictures of the "Then" release, but you'll have to wait till it's released for me to talk about it. After all, today's focus is on the "Now." 

Sadly, this casting has not had that many releases. It made it's debut back in 2017 with two color releases. It was then used again in the following year. After that, it decided to take a nap till this year. So I'm glad to see another release of it that's honestly not bad at all.


The color is most definitely what I like the most about this one. I mean... how could anyone not like a Camaro that's finished in orange, especially this shade of orange. Maybe it's just me, but I think it looks great. Furthermore, it's a color that hasn't been used for it yet.

The stripe design applied to this release is pretty good, and I'm happy with their decision to make it white. It's simple, yet effective at making this a nice release. As you can see, the sides feature a number circle with the number 17 within it. Now I probably wound't have added this to the design, but I will admit that it doesn't ruin the look of this release. So I really don't have a problem with it.


Many Hot Wheels releases that feature a design, have wheels that match the colors of it. Thankfully, that's not the case with this one. Had they painted the rim white, I most likely would have said that it would've looked better with a chrome rim instead. I don't know about you, but I think this release looks a-okay with all black PR5s. 


YES! This next release is one that I'm very happy to see. It none other than the La Troca that's apart of this year's HW Art Cars mainline set. After so many years, this casting is finally getting used again. This cool truck made it's debut way back in 2001, and it got many nice releases. After 2009, it disappeared until it got one premium release in 2013. It disappeared again after that.

Sadly, I have none of it's original releases. So that's why I'm happy to see, and have it. I was actually going to get one off of the secondary, since it looked like they were done with it. Now I don't have too. Although I really like some of the older releases, I can honestly say that this one is perfect.  


Due to it's exterior features being apart of the base, black and gold is a combination that works really well for it. One of the ones that I was going to get off of the secondary had a gold base as well. It's also great how they gave it gold lace wheels. It just doesn't get any better than this! 

Now if you're someone that visits the BLVD often, then you've probably seen how I don't typically get any of the releases from this mainline set. I don't really care too much for the designs featured on these releases. However, I actually really like the one that was applied to this truck. And no, I'm not just saying that because it's the La Troca. I still don't like the additional HW Art Cars details, but I can ignore those since I like the pattern that was created.



Just look at that bright and shiny chrome gold grill! 


The Treasure Hunt from this case is the Deora II, and it's apart of this year's HW Dream Garage mainline set. I actually didn't have it on my want list due to it being the kind of release that it is. But since I happened to find it, I decided to make some last minute adjustments to my list. 

To be honest, I'm actually quite disappointed. It has nothing to do with the color or design, as I think they are nice. What I'm disappointed with, is the casting itself. For this release, Hot Wheels decided to use the version that has the surf boards molded into the body. Having separate surfboards is one of the things that made this a cool model to have. I would have preferred the original casting with no surfboards, over this one. 


Now then... like I said, I'm not disappointed with the color of design. In fact, this release combines two things that I like. The color blue, and flames. I also like how the decision was made to make the Hot Wheels logo blue. This kept it from looking like a typical Race Team Release. Now the standard colors were used for the Hot Wheels logo that was applied to both of the fake boards. 


As you can see, this release was given chrome PR5s. I see nothing wrong with them being used for this release. I mean... they are a lot better than a black wheel with a chrome blue rim, which is what they could've gave this Treasure Hunt.



The last, and final release that I wanted from this case, is none other than everyone's favorite box on wheels. That's right... the Minecart from Mincraft is back, and it's apart of this year's HW Screen Time. What's great, is that it's not the bog standard one that was released before. This version of it, is based on the 10 year anniversary golden Minecart. 


Since I don't play Minecraft, I had to turn to Google Images to see what the actual cart looks like. From what I'm seeing, Hot Wheels was able to get the colors right. The details are also correct. Like the game's cart, this 1:64 scale replica has the logo on all four sides. 

Now I might be wrong, but the game's cart appears to have black wheels. For this release, Hot Wheels decided to give it color matched OH5s. I think this was a nice touch, and it helps to make this one stand out from the other releases of it.



Alright, that's everything I got from this case. I just have a few more things I'd like to say. With the GT500, I'd love to see a orange one, as well as a green one. With the La Troca, I hope it gets used a few more times.

So, did you have a specific favorite from this case? Go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Okay, it's onto the next case. Until next time, thanks for reading, and happy collecting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment