Sunday, October 4, 2020

Hot Wheels Volkswagen "Classic Bug"

Okay racers, welcome to another diecast feature. Have you ever had a diecast model that was removed from your want list due to not being able to find it? And were you excited when you ended up finding it by chance? Well that was the case with the Volkswagen "Classic Bug" that was released in the Hot Wheels Entertainment line. I had honestly took it off of my want list, and was pleasantly surprised when I found it hanging on the pegs. At the end of the day, persistence is key. And my advice to everyone is to just keep looking. You never know, you might just come across that one model that you were looking for.

Lots of folks have a specific reason as to why they might want a diecast release. Some of those reasons might include a love for the car, the potential value, or what was done to the model. For me, it is the aforementioned with this release. The blue! It was all about the blue that was used for it's exterior. And let me say this, it looks a whole lot nicer in person. 

Even though it's exterior color is what I like the most, I can't ignore the other aspects that contributed to me wanting this release. Now as you all know, this "Classic Bug" is sporting a Forza theme. I really like how the the design isn't over the top. A simple stripe with the word "Forza" and the Forza logo, was all this model needed.

Complementing how much I like this release, are the wheels and interior color. Finally with this release, we have the "Classic Bug" with all chrome four spoke wheels. The interior color is white, which is a great interior color for this blue Volkswagen.

I also like the additional tampo details that are featured on this model. One detail that wasn't given to the previous two releases, is the would-be chrome window trim. The word "Forza" was placed over a black rectangle on the license plate section. As nice as this is, it would've been cool if the Hot Wheels designers came up with some kind of Forza themed vanity plate.




So racers, have you had a similar situation where you got lucky and found that one car? If you have, feel free to let me know down in the comments section. Okay everyone, back to racing! Until next time, thanks for reading and happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment