Monday, September 7, 2020

Today on the Boulevard: Two Hot Wheels 2020 Case L Cars

Welcome diecast collectors, to another edition of Today on the Boulevard! For today's feature, I'm going to showcase my most recent Hot Wheels L case finds. Even though it was only two cars this time around, I'm ultimately very pleased with being able to find something. Especially taking into consideration that I'm not doing as much diecast hunting right now. Anyways, let's jump right into today's feature.

The '71 Dodge Charger is finally back in the mainline, and this time it's in the HW Flames mainline set. The last time this casting saw a mainline release, was back in 2012. There were two more releases after that in 2014 and 2015, neither of which were in the mainline. I honestly thought they were no longer going to use this casting, since four years had gone by without one being made. After being gone for so long, I feel it's making a flaming hot return with this release. Do you see what I did there? This model was given a shade of yellow that always looks good on this car. However, that's not the main aspect that I like about this model. The design featured on this Charger is why I wanted it. If not for the design I might not have gotten it, since I have the yellow New Models release of this Charger.

As you might already know, I like when car designs start out on the vehicles top, and then continue onto the sides. The center section of the hood has a black stripe. Flowing around this stripe, are red flames that have a orange outline. Like the black stripe, these too start out on the front half of the hood. They then turn to continue onto the fenders. From there, the design runs along the top half of the door. The quarter panel is where the flames start again. Also on the sides, is an additional thin orange stripe that is below the main design. The only thing I would honestly change about this release, are the wheels. These are however, toys for kids that us adults just so happen to also collect. As such, a child might find black wheels with a red lip cool, since it matches the color of the design. 



The last car for this post, is the Alpine A110 Cup. There are a couple of reasons that I decided to go ahead and get this recolor. The main reason being, I wanted to have one that was a completely different color than the initial 2019 release. I know the first two aren't the same shade of blue, but it's nice to see one of these with a different color. And this re-release is sporting a fantastic shade of silver. I do like how the design is still orange, which I feel looks great over silver. If this casting actually had a roll cage like the real A110 Cup, I might've had a different opinion of the color. This would've made it a real A110 Cup car, and not just a regular A110 with the Cup car design.

The wheels are another aspect that makes this re-release better. Unlike the blue release that used PR5s, this one has the Hot Wheels 10SPs finished in black. In my opinion, these wheel are a much better choice than the PR5s. This is due to them having the same spoke shape as the wheels on the real A110 Cup car. The number of spokes, is the only difference between the Hot Wheels 10SPs and the real wheels. The wheels on the real car only have nine spokes. At the end of the day, I think this case has given me my new favorite Alpine A110. I do however, hope we eventually get a premium version with a roll cage interior and a nice livery.
 

If I may, I feel like you should have these in your collection as well. Let's be honest here, both of these are beautiful pieces to look at. So racers, how did you feel about the various cars that were released in Case L? Did your jaw drop like mine when you saw the '71 Charger? What ever you thoughts are, go ahead and let me know down in the comments section. Okay everyone, back to racing! Until next time, thanks for reading and happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment