Sunday, June 21, 2020

Today on the Boulevard: Red Edition Sunday

Welcome diecast collectors, to another edition of Today on the Boulevard! Like the title states, today was a Hot Wheels Target Red Edition Sunday. At least at my local Target's anyways. I also found some other basic cars that I was looking for as well. So be on the lookout for a Looking at post. So skipping any other small talk, let's jump right into this feature.

The McLaren P1 is the first Red Edition being featured today. Being perfectly honest, I actually really like this recolor. As it is, white is another color that looks fantastic on this car. But then combine that with red painted carbon fiber sections, and you'll have one great looking P1. And from what I've seen, most of the real P1s aren't painted in this section. So this aspect alone, makes me cherish this piece even more. Another thing that I like, is how Hot Wheels continues to use their ten spoke wheels for this car. For me, since the wheels on the real car are also ten spoke, this adds some realism to each release with them. I also really like their decision to make the wheels chrome. In my humble opinion, I feel that this P1 release is a must have for those of you that like exotic cars.


The next Red Edition from this assortment, is the Custom Otto, which was the main one that I wanted. Before this release, I didn't have one of these. For the most part, this casting was only used for special releases. There was one release however, that was available from the Hot Wheels Collectors website. But I made the decision to not get it. I ended up regretting this decision when I saw it was no longer available on the site. So I think you can imagine how delighted I was, when I found out they were going to put this car into their basic line. The first basic release is purple, and despite how cool it looks, I really like this one more. The color, as well as the colors used for the stripe, just look better on this muscle car. I also like the color of the wheels on this one over the gold used for the purple one.


The last Red Edition from this 2020 Hot Wheels L case, is the '68 Shelby GT500. Now my least favorite aspect about this release are the red wheels. This however, does not detract from how much I like this GT500. Regular racers on the boulevard already know I what I like the most with about this release. However, for those of you that might be new to the boulevard, flame paint jobs are one of my favorite car modifications. With that said, I really like how the flames were designed on this release. What I personally like, is how the center sections have a flame shape that utilizes the body color. It's also great to see flames on the hood, done in a similar style to the side ones. With the hood flames, I like how they weren't just slapped on. In other words, I like how they were designed with the hood features in mind. For example, if you look at the second picture, you'll see how the one section starts just after the opening of the hood scoop.



Despite all three of these Target Red Editions being awesome, my personal favorite is hands down the Custom Otto. Overall, what I truly love, is how it has the looks of a muscle car from the '70s. And I just can't get over how great it looks with the shade of red they gave it.

So now that you know my favorite, what is your personal favorite from this set of Red Editions? Feel free to let me know down in the comments section. Alright, that's all for Today on the Boulevard. Until next time, happy diecast collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment