Friday, June 5, 2020

Looking at: 2020 Target Flying Customs (Three More)

Okay readers, I was finally able to find three more of the Target Flying Customs. If you guessed, that I was still unable to find the Datsun, then you're correct. However, like the last time, I am very happy with the ones that I was able to find. With that said, let's jump right into what I got.

First up, is the yellow Custom '69 Volkswagen Squareback. This release, features a marvelous design, and the gold sections look great with this shade of yellow. I like how an outer stripe was added around the black and gold section. Having it, makes it look like a solid black design, with yellow, gold, and black on top of it. Since this is a panel vehicle, I like how they made use of the extra canvas space. In other words, I'm happy that the section with the Hot Wheels logo, wasn't left plain. The top of this release, also features a similar styled design as well. Though a different hue of gold, the gold HO wheels finish this piece off nicely.



I will admit, that the Nissan Skyline RS (KDR30), was the car I wanted the most. Being honest, I was a little disappointed with the color of the R30 release in JH3. So after I saw pictures of this one, I felt that this should've been the one that was released in that set. Despite the added details on that one, it was just to close to the New Models release for me. So I'm very happy, that I was able to add this blue release to my collection. I absolutely love the way this car looks, with this shade of metallic blue. Usually, pictures don't do the car justice. So with this picture, I decided that I would try angle the pack, in a way that would make the flakes show up. Another aspect that I like about this R30, is the added gold stripe. Which combined with the Gold HO wheels, makes this my new favorite Hot Wheels R30.


The '57 T-Bird, is the last car that I was able to get. Oh my gosh! Would you look at this combination of colors. I'll be honest, this shade of pink, is not a bad color for cars from the '50s. Plus, it's ultimately a color that's not used often. The colors that were used for the stripes, add a cool amount of pizzazz to this piece. The design may be two simple stripes, but I like how it flows nicely along the lower sections of this T-Bird. Sometimes, simple stripes like this, are all you need to have a great looking ride. Especially when it has a wild color like this. Although this T-Bird doesn't have the HO wheels, I still like how it looks with the Black Walls.


I did happen to see the Audacious, but I decided that I would leave it. However, since I'm still on the hunt for the Datsun, I may end up getting it. As usual, if I add it, along with the Datsun to my collection, I will make a post about it. So readers, do you have a favorite car from this set, besides the Datsun? Or is the Datsun the only car that you truly like from this set? Feel free to let me know down in the comments. Okay collectors, until next time, happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment