Monday, March 30, 2020

Looking at: 2020 Hot wheels F case

I wasn't able to find my whole F case want list, but I did manage to find a few things. So first up, is the Hot Wheels Dream Mobile. By now every one knows about the history. But if you didn't, this car is a recreation of Mattel's first toy car. This was in 1953, years before the Hot Wheels brand name was created. But I'll leave all those details to other sites. In this post, I'm simply stating my opinion on the release. This car has all the looks of a futuristic concept car from the '50s. One thing I like about this release is the bubble top. It just doesn't get any more retro than that. After tracking down some pictures on the internet of the toy from 1953, I'm glad red was used for this initial release. As that was one of the three colors that the Mattel Dream Car was released with. One difference between the first toy and this one, is the where the silver is. This section on the toy from 1953, was chrome like the bumper. But this is not an issue at all. I hope this casting is eventually released with the other two colors.


Next up is the recolor of the 22B Impreza. I won't lie, I was eagerly waiting for this. Don't get me wrong, I still really like the blue one. I just feel that blue with gold wheels is more common than red with gold wheels. Also, this hue of red in my eyes, looks fantastic with these gold wheels. Just like the first release, this recolor has front and rear tampo detail. Which as usual, add realism to the model.


At first I wasn't too sure about the design on the RX-7. But after taking a second look, the design seems to have elements from from the Renown 787B. Aside from the design, there were two other features that drew me into buying it. The first being the hue of orange, which personally, looks good on this RX-7. The second feature I liked, is the Aero Disk wheels. It may not be my number one favorite among the other RX-7 releases, but overall it's not too bad.


The last car for this post, is the Loco Motorin', which is basically Thomas the Tank Engine. To be honest, the only reason I got it, was due to me watching the show as a kid. All in all, this is a very interesting casting, and I like how they even included Thomas's side details. I'm curious to see what the future hold for this casting. Only time will tell.


Okay that's all for now. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by the boulevard. Happy collecting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment