Monday, March 23, 2020

Checking out some Team Transport

As I've already mentioned, I decided to cut back on diecast hunting for now. But I ended up needing some things from various stores. This led to me finding the last Team Transport I needed. I also found some of the F case cars I wanted. But I'll save those for a later post. For now, let's take a look at the Hot Wheels Team Transport.

I'm going to start things off with the hardest one for me to find. The mighty Plymouth Superbird! This particular release is as retro as it gets. I love the Nascar theme on this Superbird. And let's not overlook the decals that are present. All of which, give the car a completed Nascar look. Aside from the Union 76 decal, the other decals present are Bell, Edelbrock, Hurst, Holley, and Goodyear. I also really love how the 76 company logo was used for the racing number on the sides. Also giving this Superbird a race look, are the Goodyear tampos on the tires. The hauler that this comes with, is just as cool, and is also making it's debut with this release. One fantastic feature about this hauler, is the spare tire section on the bed. This feature alone, makes this the perfect hauler for racing themed releases. I can't wait to see what else they do with this truck in the future.


Next up is the Mazda 787B, and matching Sakura Sprinter. I'm glad the 787B was not a one and done release, as it's a stunning race car. And Hot Wheels did a great job replicating it in 1:64 scale. This time, the car has the ɛ̃fini livery. This brand name was one of Mazda's brands. Mazda used this name to sell luxury cars. This release still features the turbo fan wheels. Which in my opinion, are very authentic. The real car had these wheels on the front. Checking out pictures of the actual ɛ̃fini 787B, I feel Hot Wheels did an excellent job replicating this car. Now the car is missing some decals, but that's to be expected. For example, on the real car where the Brembo brakes decal is, the Dunlop tires decal is also present.


Last but not least, is the RWB Porsche. Which appears to be based off of the one on display at the SEMA show. From the Windshield banner, to the words on the front bumper, this release is spot on. Even the six spoke wheels are accurate. I just can't get enough of this Porsche casting. Now the onto the Aero Lift. Unlike the Nismo Team Transport, this Aero Lift has the theme from the car. Which in my opinion, looks fantastic on this hauler. I never thought TE37 styled six spoke wheels would look so good on a hauler. But they do! At the end of the day, I'm glad Hot Wheels got the legal okay to use RWB. The RWB Porsche is one of the most aggressive looking Porsche 930s I've seen, and it looks stunning in 1:64 scale.


Okay that's a wrap from this assortment. I think my personal favorite is the Superbird, because I love classic American muscle cars. So do you have a favorite from this assortment? Feel free to let me know. Thanks for visiting the boulevard, happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment