Sunday, February 2, 2020

Some recent blue cards

Recently I added some more Hot Wheels blue cards to the collection. These came from one Ebay seller, and are in good shape. Which is fantastic considering their age. But of course, I got them because I needed these cars. As usual, after buying various cars off my list, I try to pick up one Ferrari. So this time it's the Testarossa. I won't hide how happy I am to finally get a red Testarossa. It's not easy to find these cars in red for cheap. Now I could've got the black one for a little bit cheaper, but I had to have the red one. One reason is the tail light section, which is apart of the interior. Black looks more realistic. I never liked how the black release had a beige section for tail lights. The second reason being the interior, which is designed in a way that the center of the seats are red. 


The next car I got, is this fantastic Mercedes 380 SEL. Even though Hot Wheels has the okay to make Mercedes again, there has been a lack of the brands classics. I also got it because of the Paint, which is supposed to be metal flake, but looks more like glitter. So I wanted to have at least one Hot Wheels release in my collection with this kind of paint. Upon further inspection, I noticed a dog in the back seat, which I circled in black. It may be hard to see in the picture.


Drop top BMW time yo! I could not believe my eyes when I saw this in the listing. I had no Idea that one of these were made. Most of the time BMWs are released as coupes, so I just had to get this. And of course, no BMW is complete without the M Power stripes. Which I must say, looks fantastic over black paint.


The last blue card I picked up is this '59 Cadillac. I do have the newer casting, which is a chop top coupe, but I kind of like this one more. Though thinner than the newer casting, this one has more of a fresh off the showroom '50s feel. The interior exterior color combo, plus the white walls, are what I like about this release. Lastly, there is no design on it. Don't get me wrong, I do like the scallops on the newer casting. It's just sometimes I want to see a non customized version of a car, and this one satisfies that need.


After getting these, I will be on the lookout for more blue cards, and will get them if I can. If brought, I will post about them. As always, thanks for stopping by the boulevard, and happy collecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment