Saturday, February 22, 2020

Looking at: 2020 Matchbox Moving Parts

With this first 2020 Moving Parts assortment, there were only three I wanted. The other two in the case were repeats. There are two things I like about the Moving Parts from Matchbox. First, It's nice to have some diecast models with parts that move, like doors and hoods. Second, there are newly released cars, like the Renault Trezor. So the first one off my list, is this Skyjacker themed 2019 Ford Ranger. One of the coolest ways to modify a truck, is to make it flat black, or grey in this case. I love how the camo design starts out as a tear graphic. Now I can't look past those black and gold beadlock styled wheels. They give this release, a true off road/show truck look.


I've been in love with the Matchbox Porsche 911 Turbo in the Moving Parts series. Although, it does seem to be a little bigger than 1:64 scale. But that's not a problem at all. Even though, the first one was blue, I think I like this one a little more. The biggest reason, is because it doesn't have a design. Even though I do like the stripes on the first one, I also like to have at least one version of a diecast that's clean. That's where this red one comes in. Red cars with black wheels are a cool color scheme for sports cars. Especially with black features like the spoiler. And this Porsche wears these colors perfectly. I also appreciate the continued use of beige for the interior. It goes so well with red cars, like Porsche and Ferrari.


The last vehicle from this assortment I wanted, was this Range Rover Vogue SE. I've mentioned before, how I felt that some vehicles, are just meant to be black. Like Bugatti and Bentley, Range Rovers, are one of those vehicles that always looks good in black. Although personally, this release might've looked even better if the interior was dark red. Nevertheless, I'm still glad Matchbox released their Moving Parts Range Rover in black.


Well that's a wrap for this case. Aside from these three, this case could've been better without the repeats. Although, that does possibly give collectors that missed out on the Trezor, a second chance. Thanks for stopping by the boulevard, happy collecting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment