Monday, January 27, 2020

My all time favorite fantasy casting

I don't always like fantasy castings, but there is one I absolutely love. Designed by Larry Wood, the Street Beast later renamed Swingfire is my favorite. For me it's so realistic, that you'd think it was actually a real 1950s custom or concept car.


I got this model off of Ebay, due to being released before I was born. There is not one flaw in the design. It was a little tricky trying to track this one down due to the name, but I knew I had to have it. The color choice for this first release gives me a retro feel. The white wall tires help to complete that 1950s look. Further adding to the look are the scallop style designs on the hood. I also like the Studebaker bullet nose like front end. Looking at the side pipes, gives me Duesenberg vibes.


Moving on to the rear of the car, you'll notice the 50s style tail fins, as well as what I believe to be a continental spare tire.


In my opinion, this is one of the best fantasy castings released by Hot Wheels. So what is you're favorite fantasy casting? As always happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment