Saturday, December 28, 2019

Why I like Matchbox

Have you ever woke up and said ok time to hunt? But when you arrived at the diecast car row, there was a plethora of Hakosuka skylines. All sporting the same touring car livery, but made from different toy makers. Then did you think to your self, gee I wonder what that car would look like if it was stock. So inter Mattel's other diecast car brand Matchbox!




This is the main reason why I like Matchbox. You can usually expect the cars released in this brand to be fresh out of the showroom stock. I remember getting back into Matchbox when I walked into a Dollar Tree and found a Matchbox Alfa Romeo 4C in white. At first I didn't get it, because at the time I was mostly doing Hot Wheels. But after sleeping on it, I went back to see if it was still there. That was the day I officially got back into Matchbox. I got the 4C and a red Mazda Miata. 


The Miata, also showroom stock was the nail in the coffin. Compared to the Hot Wheels release that has a splitter, big wing, and other race modifications, the stock appearance of the Matchbox version is my favorite. Not to say that the Hot Wheels version isn't cool in it's own right. So that's the story of why I like Matcbox. Well that's all for now, as always happy collecting everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment